Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AQ beaten by check raise on the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396233)

12-11-2005 04:45 PM

AQ beaten by check raise on the river?

73.4/0.00/.45

I have no idea what I did wrong here. The whole table is full of LAGS. Over the long run i seem to just keep going down hill. This happens over and over and over...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 16 BB

12-11-2005 05:20 PM

Re: AQ beaten by check raise on the river?

folding is way too weak here on a table full of lags.

i dont think you could have done much different.

i bet you lost.

12-11-2005 05:33 PM

This line seems fine. You got beat by the river flush I assume. I guess if the LAGS are aggressive postflop you could try a turn CR, but I don't see a lot of purpose and would hate to give a free card on that draw heavy board.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 05:44 PM

Although I probably call when it happens, this is probably a definite fold.

How many hands do you have on villain? He is ridiculously passive, and even if he wasn't, he is check raising the river against 3 opponents! I can't see how 1 pair can be good here even 1 in 20.

Tough fold, but I think it is correct.

jba 12-11-2005 06:10 PM

i'm with spicy, this is foldable. 73.4/0.00/.45 isn't suicidal.

numeri 12-11-2005 06:17 PM

I'm assuming this hand isn't an indication of the 'table of LAGs' you mention. Eitherway, a check-raise after two other callers on the river usually means your TPGK is no good.

12-11-2005 07:21 PM

I dont know if this is kosher to put the result here. The result was stupid. This guy should have folded long ago. he won the hand with a pair of kings and a pair of 4's which means he was playing bottom pair the wole way hoping to catch the king. What irriates me and i beleive a lot of other players in the microlimits is that this occurs over and over again. In the long run will you win? If there are 2 or 3 lags at the table and one misses chance are the others may hit their 2 pair or their 82suited flush or whatever.

jba 12-11-2005 07:27 PM

pretty standard fish move, it is very unprofitable for him to play his hand this way. Poker is a zero sum game, which means if your opponents make unprofitable moves, it is profitable.

ArturiusX 12-11-2005 07:32 PM

Other then preflop, he really didn't play that badly.

12-11-2005 07:53 PM

Really? Playing bottom pair when your paired with a 4 into an aggressive player with a probably higher pair is good play? (Calling i mean)

What is the EV on this over the long period? Is it positive or negative.