Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TPTK v unknown turn raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399618)

ElSapo 12-16-2005 12:15 PM

TPTK v unknown turn raise

I started today with energy and hope (and the plan to play tighter than ever and try and get back on track). After 450 hands at 15/8 I'm stuck 30 BB and pissed off. So maybe this hand is standard, and maybe it's not, I just don't know.

I raise UTG with AdKx, and get called in MP by an unknown. I have 2 hands on him. Flop is AcQd9d, I bet, he raises, I three-bet, he calls.

Turn is a 2s, I bet and he raises...

It's going to cost me two more bets to see a SD. Who goes there? Everyone?

EDIT to add: Party 2/4 BBJP table

EDIT 2: AKo

SnglMaltScotch 12-16-2005 12:20 PM

Re: TPTK v unknown turn raise

I think I can call down here, but you aren't going to win very often. He could be on Axd. Plus you have outs against both AQ and A9.

hobbsmann 12-16-2005 12:23 PM

You have the nut draw on the turn how are you even thinking about folding? IMO the choice here is between calling down UI and 3-betting the turn. Basically a 3-bet can't be that bad as we likely have a ton of outs when behind and since we are against an unknown we are probably ahead here a fair amount as well.

Harv72b 12-16-2005 12:25 PM

You're obviously not going to fold the nut flush draw to his turn raise, so the only question is whether or not to call a bet UI on the river. I would...I think you get shown an overplayed medium/low ace or busted draw often enough to make the call worthwhile.

Even if you didn't have the flush draw, I'd call down. You're going to see a lot of poor players take this same line with a hand like A2, A9, Q9 (all of which you have hidden outs against), etc...to say nothing of semibluff raises with something like JT.

ElSapo 12-16-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have the nut draw on the turn how are you even thinking about folding? IMO the choice here is between calling down UI and 3-betting the turn. Basically a 3-bet can't be that bad as we likely have a ton of outs when behind and since we are against an unknown we are probably ahead here a fair amount as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies, I have AKo ... yes, with the suited version this is a dumn post. Sorry.

hobbsmann 12-16-2005 12:31 PM

ok then I call down as 2/4 unknowns often do dumb [censored]

12-16-2005 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I can call down here, but you aren't going to win very often. He could be on Axd. Plus you have outs against both AQ and A9.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have outs against Q9, A2, and you're drawing dead against a set. She could also have a straight and flush draw. BTW, she can't have Axd. You have the Ad.

You are getting 4:1 for a call down, so it's very marginal. I just don't lay down TPTK a lot in these situations.

12-16-2005 02:28 PM

Since your unknown opponent seems to be pretty agressive, A9 is somewhat of an unlikely hand for him to cold call a UTG raise with. AQ is also somewhat unlikely because he almost has to cap the flop on that board and he didnt. So he most likely has AK, AJs, or a set of 9's. Only one of these likely possibilities scares you. I three bet or at the very least turn passive and call him down.