Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Daily Hand Post : Yeah, it's been a while, shut up (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360641)

GuyOnTilt 10-19-2005 02:43 AM

Daily Hand Post : Yeah, it\'s been a while, shut up

Hey guys,

Hand from a 1/2 session. We're 9-handed at the time.

I'm two off the Button with T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. First two fold, EMP (too loose PF with limps, overlimps, and coldcalls; a little too loose on the flop, but pretty avg decent after that, maybe a little too agrro even) limps in. Next to act (pretty solid player all around) overlimps. One fold to me and I raise. Folded to the BB (typical decently solid player all around; probably ~break even in this game in general) who calls, limpers both call. 4 to the flop for 8.5 SB's.

Flop comes: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets out. EMP calls, MP folds. I call. 3 to the turn for 5.75 BB's.

Turn comes: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets. EMP calls. I raise. BB calls after some deliberation, EMP insta-calls. 3 to the river for 11.75 BB's.

River comes: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

GoT

bakku 10-19-2005 02:45 AM

Re: Daily Hand Post : Yeah, it\'s been a while, shut up

WHO ARE YOU???

gaming_mouse 10-19-2005 02:51 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Justin A 10-19-2005 02:54 AM

You have to bet the river.

gaming_mouse 10-19-2005 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain this.

Justin A 10-19-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain this.

[/ QUOTE ]

EMP is likely on a draw of some sort, so we're not too concerned about him. BB on the other hand is very likely to have a pair of nines. We have to bet the river to get BB to fold his 9 and win ourselves half the pot. The king is a very good card to do this with.

Entity 10-19-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I think it's worthwhile to try to fold a chopping hand, since EMP looks like he's on a draw (87s-ish), and BB is most likely chopping.

Rob

bakku 10-19-2005 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

please explain this.

[/ QUOTE ]

getting EP to fold something like Ksxs would rock, and since you're chopping with another 9 (which is BB's most likely hand) getting him to fold would be awesome too

gaming_mouse 10-19-2005 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

getting EP to fold something like Ksxs would rock, and since you're chopping with another 9 (which is BB's most likely hand) getting him to fold would be awesome too

[/ QUOTE ]

N/M

Justin A 10-19-2005 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with no read given for BB, why is a 9 more likely than a 6? There are 2 of each left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he deliberated before calling the turn. I take this to mean he isn't thrilled with his hand.