Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Hows my line after flopping the stone cold nuts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=321415)

lemonPeel 08-23-2005 07:45 PM

Hows my line after flopping the stone cold nuts

Im utg with 45s in a 125 rebuy tourney, theres 6 limpers including the blinds.

flop is A 2 3 rainbow

and sb and bb both check, this is the 1st hand and everyone has 785 in chips

The guy next to me accident reveals his hand to me, its 56 off, so after seeing this, I move in when it is checked to me.

Good idea or did I overplay my hand?

Dave D 08-23-2005 07:52 PM

Re: Hows my line after flopping the stone cold nuts

[ QUOTE ]

flop is A 2 3 rainbow

The guy next to me accident reveals his hand to me, its 56 off, so after seeing this, I move in when it is checked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...

Why are you playing 45 UTG in the first hand of a tourney. fold preflop.

I'd 2/3 bet the flop, or try to check/raise depending on if I felt like I could get away with it. Pushing here is bad as you're probably not gonna get a caller, and you want people to draw with bad odds towards worse hands. This type of hand is really reads/table/tournament read dependent.

lemonPeel 08-23-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

flop is A 2 3 rainbow

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh...

Why are you playing 45 UTG in the first hand of a tourney. fold preflop.

I'd 2/3 bet the flop, or try to check/raise depending on if I felt like I could get away from it. Pushing here is bad as you're probably not gonna get a caller, and you want people to draw with bad odds towards worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was only 15 chips to call preflop and everyone had 800 so I figured if I caught a flop I could make some money. Is 45suited so bad?

ansky451 08-23-2005 08:04 PM

Limping 54s utg isn't that bad, and at the right table I might do it every time. On the flop I don't know why you would go nuts with the straight. The fact that theres an ace out is good, so I would just make a 2/3rd pot sized bet, and keep betting every street. The fact that you saw the guys 56o isn't that big a deal, just make him pay if he wants to draw at a 3 outer.

Supersetoy 08-23-2005 08:10 PM

No, it's not that bad during the early rounds, but WHY the all in play?

Who is going to call you? (Did anyone call you?) If they do, I'm thinking they're either holding 4 5 also or a set of 2's or 3's. More than likely, the other players didn't limp with AK or AA. There's no way I see anyone else calling your all in bet.

Why not see the next card hoping that someone hits something, or makes a possible draw? (Hopefully not a 4, but you're already holding one of them, so it's HIGHLY unlikely that will happen).

DemonDeac 08-23-2005 08:33 PM

did anyone else laugh when he said "stone cold nuts". i just thinks thats funny....

as for the hand,limps fine as long as u throw it away to a preflop raise. id lead at this flop cuz people will stick around with the ace out there and since u know that someone has 56o, u can get away form ur hand easily is a 4 comes on the board. try to get as much money as u can on this hand.

TheTimeIsUp 08-23-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone else laugh when he said "stone cold nuts". i just thinks thats funny....

as for the hand,limps fine as long as u throw it away to a preflop raise. id lead at this flop cuz people will stick around with the ace out there and since u know that someone has 56o, u can get away form ur hand easily is a 4 comes on the board. try to get as much money as u can on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it had to be atleast quads before I opened it up.

KneeCo 08-23-2005 10:06 PM

Yes, you overplayed your hand.

The 2/3 pot bet suggested above isn't a bad idea IMO, but I would try for a check/raise here. Given that this is a rebuy tourney, you've got an A on the board and you got a family pot on the first hand, I would be quite surprised if it was checked around.

Just my opinion though.

davidross 08-23-2005 10:20 PM

I don't like the pre-flop limp. I'm all for playing different hands early in the tournament, just not in EP. With a hand like this you're looking for the perfect flop and in LP you'll be able to maximize your profit. Plus in a re-buy I'm pretty sure you're likely to get raised and have to throw it away.

Post flop I don't hate the push, sometimes you catch someone trying to play sherriff, especially in a re-buy, but I think I'd just check the flop and hope to draw someone in.

CardSharpCook 08-23-2005 10:31 PM

yeah, stone cold nuts means that it is an unbeatable hand, no matter what comes next. I happen to like having players draw to 3 outs. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't go AI into a 90 chip pot with the nuts. This post is very strange.

"I've flopped the nuts in a tiny pot. I've cheated and I know that one of my opponents has 3 outs to a better hand. So I go all in. How's my line?