Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Asking out a Waitress (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356890)

highlife 10-13-2005 02:11 PM

Asking out a Waitress

I think this is a little different that the typical "having alot of good flirty conversation with a waitress and wanting to ask her out" thing, but I be wrong.

Here is the story - I go over to my Dad's country club for some dinner, a few beers and a NL tourney followed by a cash game. Now this shindig takes place in the Men's Lounge, which is a men only area of the club which has about 10 dinner tables, a bar and a bunch of tv's and [censored]. Some of the guys are just there to drink, play gin and BS, but about half of the 20-30 guys in there are having a full service dinner so there are two waitress's in there to take care of that. Most the guys in there are old rich guys (50+) and there are few young rich guys in their 30's but married.

So anyways it's just me and my Dad sitting at a table for dinner, and the cuter of the two waitress' is servering us. So I end up flirting alot with her and she is making alot of special trips back with what seems like excuses to talk to me.

I wanted to ask her out but it seems kinda weird considering the whole blue collar/white collar class thing and also the fact that I am probably going to be over there at least every other week playing poker, and she works alot. Also I don't know if she has a bunch of kids or some [censored], all I know about her is she isn't married and is about my age (25). Finally I don't know how I would do it, because if I do it in front of these dirty old men I'm pretty sure I will catch alot of [censored] for it and I'm sure she will.

She's pretty hot and I have been single for 6 weeks now and haven't gotten laid yet, how should I go about this or is it a bad idea?

Patrick del Poker Grande 10-13-2005 02:12 PM

Re: Asking out a Waitress

Get drunk and call her (at work)?

asofel 10-13-2005 02:15 PM

it won't work. have fun, but no dating.

pokerdirty 10-13-2005 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk and call her (at work)?

[/ QUOTE ]

you've never seen this seinfeld? bad idea.

samjjones 10-13-2005 02:17 PM

Slip her a note to be discreet about it.

codewarrior 10-13-2005 02:18 PM

Leave her a tip. With a note. And a phone number. N00b.

canis582 10-13-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She's pretty hot and I have been single for 6 weeks now and haven't gotten laid yet, how should I go about this or is it a bad idea?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go 6 more weeks without getting laid and see if it seems like a bad idea.

You havent been single long enough, you need to get desperate. Not Dex desperate, but 'fug it, I don't care if i get shot down/look dumb' desperate.

jakethebake 10-13-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear waitress,

Meet me at the sandtrap by the 18th hole in 10 minutes.

highlife

Shajen 10-13-2005 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

seems kinda weird considering the whole blue collar/white collar class thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

highlife 10-13-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear waitress,

Meet me at the sandtrap by the 18th hole in 10 minutes.

highlife

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, incredible post.

Patrick del Poker Grande 10-13-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
She apparently has bad fashion sense and can't coordinate her shirt(collar) well with the rest of her outfit.

TheCroShow 10-13-2005 02:22 PM

she was trying to get a big tip from you, strippers do the same thing. matter of fact, it would not surprise me if her 2nd job was exotic dancing

JihadOnTheRiver 10-13-2005 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure this is retarded

samjjones 10-13-2005 02:23 PM

Hey, it worked for this guy...

http://caddyshackthemovie.warnerbros...g/meetmike.jpg

Shajen 10-13-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

[/ QUOTE ]
She apparently has bad fashion sense and can't coordinate her shirt(collar) well with the rest of her outfit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I get it now. Yeah, bad fashion sense can certainly be a date killer. I'd recommend he take her shopping. Either that or tell her to get a better laundry detergent. Blue collar is a date stopper where I'm from.

highlife 10-13-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have you ever spent significant time at a private country club?

jakethebake 10-13-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And you're being retarded. Half the women working there took the job hoping to meet guys with money.

pokerdirty 10-13-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. And you're being retarded. Half the women working there took the job hoping to meet guys with money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work at a golf club. One of the girls (that i went to HS with) that worked in the bar area met her fiancee this way. There's like a 15 year age difference there. yuck.

JihadOnTheRiver 10-13-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, you've managed to sound like a pretty big prick with that sentence. Its been a while since that sh.it was considered OK. The only difference in class that I would be worried about this day in age would require the girl to have no teeth, and me being about to run for public office.

If she's hot, SIIHP. If you feel like you should be dating "in your class", you are a douche. That being said, please, SIIHP.

M2d 10-13-2005 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only difference in class that I would be worried about this day in age would require the girl to have no teeth , and me being about to run for public office.

[/ QUOTE ]
wouldn't that be an advantage?

vulturesrow 10-13-2005 02:37 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
The only difference in class that I would be worried about this day in age would require the girl to have no teeth , and me being about to run for public office.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be a personal advantage for him. It would only be appreciated by the voters if his constituency was nothing but OOTiots.

JihadOnTheRiver 10-13-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. WYHI? ---&gt;
http://www.deltablues.net/moms/moms85.jpg

10-13-2005 02:44 PM

all you gotta do is ask her what time she gets off work and if she wants to go get some coffee with you around that time, just be chill about it

BottlesOf 10-13-2005 02:48 PM

Banging a waitress is one of my goals, so I hope this works out for you and I can live vicariously through you.

I would just ask her next time you see her, ask for her number. Get up from your table or whatever if necessary, as you wanna do it such that no one but you two hears your conversation.

manpower 10-13-2005 02:50 PM

You said you'll be spending a lot of time at the club and will therefore be seeing her again. Continue to flirt with her, see what developes, ask her out if she continues to thirst for your johnson. I don't see how this is a hard decision.

highlife 10-13-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, you've managed to sound like a pretty big prick with that sentence. Its been a while since that sh.it was considered OK. The only difference in class that I would be worried about this day in age would require the girl to have no teeth, and me being about to run for public office.

If she's hot, SIIHP. If you feel like you should be dating "in your class", you are a douche. That being said, please, SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, im not trying to act like a prick or a douche. I have no problem at all with it, I never think about stuff like that, but being in a country club like this its hard not to. They members get treated like prince's for the sole reason that they have money and the employees are trained to treat them like that, I guess thats the point i was trying to get across.

I just thought it might be wierd for her to be asked out by a member's son and probably for me to since I plan on being there somewhat often this fall/winter.

JihadOnTheRiver 10-13-2005 02:52 PM

Now it's my turn to sound like a douche. Just ask her dude, she'll probably be excited to date "up", so to speak...

highlife 10-13-2005 02:52 PM

others have said use a discrete note, you say try to take her aside personally. which is better?

Bluffoon 10-13-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
others have said use a discrete note, you say try to take her aside personally. which is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally by far....

drewjustdrew 10-13-2005 02:59 PM

The only wierd thing is that she wants to marry a member, not a son of a member.

Ask her out. It's not uncommon for staff to be asked out at country clubs. Is there more to the story? Does she sound or carry herself in a trashy manner?

highlife 10-13-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only wierd thing is that she wants to marry a member, not a son of a member.

Ask her out. It's not uncommon for staff to be asked out at country clubs. Is there more to the story? Does she sound or carry herself in a trashy manner?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the first statement you made. But no there isn't really much more to the story, other than my Dad said he hasn't really seen her flirt with anyone else like that, although she is always very nice to everyone. One thing to note I guess is that she rarely see's a guy in there around her age, at least one that isnt married.

drewjustdrew 10-13-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the first statement you made.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I just thought it might be wierd for her to be asked out by a member's son

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to say, if she wanted to work there to hook up with a rich dude, she wouldn't choose the rich dude's son. If she is flirting with you, obviously your cash is not the first thing on her mind.

Where I used to live, waitstaff at country clubs were not from poor families. Usually they were from upper-middle class families. Maybe your club is different.

Miggo 10-13-2005 03:22 PM

Sounds like your dad knows what you're interested in. He's a member, probably been there awhile. Give him a chance to help his son out, and ask him what you should do. That's what dads are for.

joecash 10-13-2005 03:31 PM

I have something similar. I want to ask out a hooter's waitress. Its really hard when you only get 10 sceonds at a time to talk with her. I might just try to wait for her when she is leaving.

jakethebake 10-13-2005 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have something similar. I want to ask out a hooter's waitress. Its really hard when you only get 10 sceonds at a time to talk with her. I might just try to wait for her when she is leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

10 seconds at a time? If she hasn't come and sat down with you by now, she's not interested.

BottlesOf 10-13-2005 03:33 PM

Leaving a note?!?! Wtf is this a Shakespearian comedy or what? Definitely talk to her, I think we're past the passing notes stage of life.

IndieMatty 10-13-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

10 seconds at a time? If she hasn't come and sat down with you by now, she's not interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he is making a very good joke. God I hope so.

M2d 10-13-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might just try to wait for her when she is leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]
do this too much and it's stalking.

asofel 10-13-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leaving a note?!?! Wtf is this a Shakespearian comedy or what? Definitely talk to her, I think we're past the passing notes stage of life.

[/ QUOTE ]

listen to the man in green. You have to be highly skilled in flirtatious note writing to pull it off, and I'm currently unavailable for lessons. A simple conversation is best and easiest. "When're you off next week? [answer] Lets grab a drink then." If this doesn't work proceed to scream "MY DADDY COULD BUY YOUR DADDY!" and hold your breath until your face turns blue.

Manque 10-13-2005 03:39 PM

Most of the younger waitresses work at a country club for the same reason most younger women work those types of jobs. They are in school.