Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Best Stars VIP value = Porsche! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405517)

RainDog 12-26-2005 07:20 PM

Best Stars VIP value = Porsche!

I'm curious to see who makes it there first and whether or not this will be a continuing offer or just for the first few orders. With the average FPP worth around .015...the Porsche FPP value if'n you can save up 3 million of them (which can be easily done in 2 years time by many of you eager multi-tablers even at 5/10) comes close to .20 at a MSRP starting at 59k. Right now the car is sold out and going for even more for those that want it NOW.

Anyhow, I doubt I'll have the patience. If I commit a good year to Stars, I'll likely award myself with a WSOP entry, WPT Carribean entry, or several smaller events. Speaking of which, what would you guys rather do? One big (perhaps once in a lifetime) event, or several smaller ones?

Or if I'm running bad, I'll just get some DELL gift cards and find some cheap deals on fatwallet n' sling 'em on EBay like someone else mentioned in another thread.

Cheers

12-26-2005 08:10 PM

Re: Best Stars VIP value = Porsche!

Anyone remember the Harrier Jet you could get with Pepsi Points? Someone thought there was an EV+ there.

RainDog 12-26-2005 08:46 PM

Yes Sir! I was a Pepsi Drinkin' dork. Had a full line of clothing thanks to those points. Wasn't there a lawsuit over the Harrier Jet when Pepsi wouldn't come through with it?

david050173 12-26-2005 10:34 PM

Your missing a zero
60 000/3 000 000 =.02
a bit better than most of the other stuff (~.015-.016) but not off the charts. I think if I wanted a car I would go for the conceirge service. It will be interesting to see how much effort they will put in for you to buy something. My goal is to save up 15 million points or so and have them buy me a house....

imported_leader 12-26-2005 10:47 PM

I want 2K dell cards. I figure it will take a couple of years to buy everything I want from there.

kurosh 12-26-2005 11:03 PM

Has anyone figured out what the fastest way to get points is? And how long it would take to get the porsche if you did that?

12-26-2005 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone figured out what the fastest way to get points is? And how long it would take to get the porsche if you did that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-tabling 5000$ hu sng's? Sounds like your style kurosh.

roundest 12-26-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes Sir! I was a Pepsi Drinkin' dork. Had a full line of clothing thanks to those points. Wasn't there a lawsuit over the Harrier Jet when Pepsi wouldn't come through with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Pepsi won. If they had lost they would have had to provide a >$30 million harrier for less than a million dollars. I wonder if the military would have allowed that to happen.

12-26-2005 11:30 PM

No way, not with $3 screws and $50 hammers, they won't!

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years I think if you're playing high limit hold'em. Maybe less if you’re a psycho.

12-26-2005 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years I think if you're playing high limit hold'em. Maybe less if you’re a psycho.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get bonus FPP for being insane?

Cool!

imported_leader 12-26-2005 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You get bonus FPP for being insane?

Cool!

[/ QUOTE ]

No you get insane from playing too much poker. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

kurosh 12-27-2005 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm looking for more of a hand estimate or hourly estimate of X-tabling than 2 years.

Recliner 12-27-2005 02:17 AM

Stars VIP Calculator

You fill in some info about # of tables, hands per hour per table, and % that meet qualifying rake.

Then it will tell you how many hours you need to play each month to meet each level of VIP status and how many hours to get Supernova. You can also set a number of FPPs you want to generate and it will tell you how long it will take from Jan 1st or how long from each level.

It should be pretty straight forward...

imported_leader 12-27-2005 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stars VIP Calculator

You fill in some info about # of tables, hands per hour per table, and % that meet qualifying rake.

Then it will tell you how many hours you need to play each month to meet each level of VIP status and how many hours to get Supernova. You can also set a number of FPPs you want to generate and it will tell you how long it will take from Jan 1st or how long from each level.

It should be pretty straight forward...

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Hot! Thank you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Recliner 12-27-2005 03:12 AM

Ugh, there is something wrong with it, but I only think it is a problem when you are trying to calculate less than 50,000 FPPs or something, I'm trying to fix it...

Al P 12-27-2005 03:22 AM

A $109 or $215 SnG player should be able to get 1000 - 3000 regular points per day. Once the multipliers start kicking in they'll be making crazy points.

Recliner 12-27-2005 04:06 AM

Ok I fixed it. I replaced the file so this link or the one in my previous post will give the same thing. I guess PM me if you find a problem. I guess next I'll try to add something that will calculate things for SNG and tournament players.

Stars VIP Calculator

RainDog 12-27-2005 04:16 AM

Yeah, silly typo on my part. But I think you underestimate the difference in the point value. Assuming one could really get 60k out of the Porsche then that mere .004 difference in point value becomes a $12,000 difference.

A house! Nice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I really can't wait to see some posts about what people try to order. I wonder how much for a Costa Rican passporte.

jmillerdls 12-27-2005 04:19 AM

Yes, SNG support would be a dream come true [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Recliner 12-27-2005 04:23 AM

Ok, I updated it to include calculations for SNGs, same link.

dogsballs 12-28-2005 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I fixed it. I replaced the file so this link or the one in my previous post will give the same thing. I guess PM me if you find a problem. I guess next I'll try to add something that will calculate things for SNG and tournament players.

Stars VIP Calculator

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. I love guys like you that are smarter and can do things like this for us numpties. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-28-2005 01:17 AM

If I had the points, I'd definitely take the car over MTT buyins.

Since I'll never have the points, will just use them to buy into the big Sunday tourneys and hope I hit the money a few times.

Sniper 12-28-2005 01:54 PM

Don't forget.... people already have accumulated FPPs... some in substantial amounts!

MicroBob 12-28-2005 02:34 PM

Yes.

Obviously it's pretty impossible to earn enough points for the Copenhagen package...but some people may be cashing it their 500k+ FPP's right on Jan 1 to head over there.

I suspect there are a few players on Stars who are well into the million-point range.

OTOH, I have 284 FPP's in my account currently...which doesn't really get me very far.

smoore 12-28-2005 03:39 PM

Heh, combine your 300 with my 600 and one of us might be able to take a bus to Newark.

N 82 50 24 12-28-2005 03:45 PM

stevesbets bought into the Bahamas trip thing for 800K FPPs... he did it before all this stuff was announced.

12-28-2005 03:47 PM

800,000 fpps.... holy fdsfjdso. Even in 5000$ tourneys, that's 1600 of them.

MicroBob 12-28-2005 03:53 PM

Yeah. I had heard of somebody doing this but didn't know who it was (I still don't know who it is...I don't really pay attention to the names of the top online players).

stevebets got kind of ripped-off in that price.
Even though he couldn't have really known that at the time...he should have been able to see that he wasn't quite getting full value for his FPP's...that he earned entirely at a regular rate btw (not 3.5x FPP's as supernovas will be making).

He probably didn't care very much though and was probably just happy to be able to get rid of them and get a nice vacation/tourney package.

PennDisc 12-28-2005 03:57 PM

The prices of the packages for WSOP ME and PCA are listed as TBA - I could have sworn it said last week that WSOP ME was 750k FPP's. Did I dream that up or did anyone else see that?

MicroBob 12-28-2005 04:04 PM

I never saw that.

It's always been TBA from what I saw....and I think I saw it just a few hours after they put it up there.

750k FPP's would be consistent with 1.6 cents per FPP though (for a $12k package).

jba 12-28-2005 04:07 PM

I think I actually saw somewhere on the site that speculated at a 750k price, but it was always been conspicuously absent..

wouldn't surprise me if they did some sort of extra promo. they would love to four-peat I would think.

Shoe 12-28-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The prices of the packages for WSOP ME and PCA are listed as TBA - I could have sworn it said last week that WSOP ME was 750k FPP's. Did I dream that up or did anyone else see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of points for the WSOP is still up in the air. Stars is still waiting for the official buy-in amount to be confirmed, and still need to determine if they are going to include hotel/spending money in the package or not.

MicroBob 12-28-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they would love to four-peat I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Hachem did not qualify for the event via Stars.

He has an account on Stars and occasionally plays there (pretty sure) but he just signed-on with stars after his win...but it's not really a 3-peat for Stars because Hachem was not one of their 1100 WSOP qualifiers.

Better directed for the WPT forum I guess: but I'm kind of surprised David Williams (2004 runner-up who qualified for the event via Stars) didn't sign-on to represent stars.
He is always wearing shwag for bodog.
I guess they must have made him a nicer offer.

jba 12-28-2005 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
they would love to four-peat I would think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Hachem did not qualify for the event via Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the correction. their marketing is doing a good job cause they fooled me..

in any case, my point is that they are the Home of the WSOP Champions (TM) and would love to have the next one on board too..

MicroBob 12-28-2005 04:42 PM

Somebody posted in the WPT forum (I think) that they were watching the final-table standing next to a Stars rep and asked him, "He didn't qualify on your site too, did he?"
and the Stars rep supposedly kind of hung his head and said, "No...I sure wish he had though."

Stars had 1 out of every 5 WSOP main-event players qualify through them so they certainly had reason to be excited about their chances of a 3-peat.

Obviously after Hachem won it Stars must have decided, "well...he at least has an account on our site. We're going to go after him and pay him whatever the hell he wants to be with us. We HAVE to get him in those photos with Moneymaker and Raymer."

I don't blame you for seeing the TV ads and assuming that he qualified just like those guys did though.

Party had 2 guys at the final table (Kanter and Black) and I think Stars only had 1 or 0.
In 2004, Stars had 5 guys at the final-table I believe (including Raymer and Williams as well as Matt Dean..and I forget the other 2).

mbpoker 12-28-2005 06:50 PM

Party had 2 guys at the final table (Kanter and Black) and >I think Stars only had 1 or 0.

Stars had 2 (not counting Matusov)

>In 2004, Stars had 5 guys at the final-table I believe (including Raymer and Williams as well as Matt Dean..and I forget the other 2).

Stars had 4.