Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How should I have played this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336041)

cartman 09-13-2005 04:11 PM

How should I have played this?

Villain is unknown. There is a big fish at the table who is currently sitting out, so this hand is played heads up with the villain as the big blind on the button.

PREFLOP: Hero open-raises in the sb with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and villain has the raise any button clicked and instantaneously 3-bets.

FLOP: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero calls (planning on check-calling the turn and maybe donking the river).

TURN A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero <font color="blue">?</font>

What do you think of my flop line and my plan?

What should I do now?

Would your answer change if the 8 on the flop were a 7 instead (removing my gutshot)?

Thanks,
Cartman

Catt 09-13-2005 04:18 PM

Re: How should I have played this?

Read on BB? Does his "auto-raise" actually mean anything?

Without reads I'd be inclined to check-call it down very often (sometimes C/R flop). With a read I might find a fold on the turn.

And you don't have a gutshot, whether the 8 is an 8 or a 7.

cartman 09-13-2005 05:04 PM

Oops, I meant if the 6 on the flop were a 7 instead. I was unfamiliar with BB but he hadn't been doing much raising preflop in the brief time he had been there (maybe 10 hands).

Thanks,
Cartman

joker122 09-13-2005 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FLOP: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets, Hero calls (planning on check-calling the turn and maybe donking the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd rather just CR the flop and take it from there.

tolbiny 09-13-2005 05:08 PM

If you check raise the flop would his three bet mean anything to you?

cartman 09-13-2005 05:24 PM

Probably not. In my experience, a preflop 3-bettor is willing to either 3-bet a flop checkraise or call it and raise the turn with almost anything he would 3-bet preflop with.

Cartman

NLSoldier 09-13-2005 05:25 PM

Im pretty sure having autoraise clicked usually means AK, just like flop dark bets live always mean AK.

anyways, id CR the flop.

mcvalenc 09-13-2005 05:40 PM

As others have said, I'd just checkraise the flop, your hand is too vulnerable to wait till the turn to raise.

gamblore99 09-13-2005 05:42 PM

Joker and NL soldier, what is your plan after you checkraise the flop. Lets say he just calls, the ace falls do you check/fold, check/call? What about an overcard like K or Q?

If he 3bets, do you peel one off and fold the turn unimproved?

cartman 09-13-2005 05:43 PM

I am embarrassed to say that I wasn't waiting until the turn to raise. I was planning on just calling down and maybe or maybe not donk betting the river.

You guys definitely think that is too weak, right?

Thanks,
Cartman