Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Call or fold the 3rd nut flush? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388166)

pho75 11-30-2005 10:12 AM

Re: Call or fold the 3rd nut flush?

What's his post flop aggression? What's his went to showdown%?
Have you seen him make a move like this before? Have you seen him slowplay monsters? Is he a trapper?

fathertime 11-30-2005 10:28 AM

Call, call, and call again.

Bet flop--flush draw + bbsd = lots of outs: all of which you hit in this hand! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

el_grande 11-30-2005 12:02 PM

Well looks like I made a big blunder. I folded. I was involved in hands at multiple tables and I didn't notice that the river made a straight or two-pair for JT.

My thinking was - why call off $40 in a $16 pot when I have the 3rd nuts. Villian didn't show, but after some discussion I believe he had 2 pair. It was a good bet with 2 pair and that was the only move like that I'd seen from him.

Thanks for the advice - I may have plugged a leak.

PoBoy321 11-30-2005 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question you need to answer: Why did you bother to play this hand if you would consider (for a even a nano-second) folding when it hits? That is why most of us fold this garbage pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awful logic to say "You played the hand, you made a hand, now go broke." If I play 89[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], are you saying I should never fold on an 89T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board, just because I made my two pair?

11-30-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I play 89[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], are you saying I should never fold on an 89T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board, just because I made my two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that takes the statement out of context. The original poster made the BEST hand he could. Where as you are making one of the relatively worst hands 89s can make.

4_2_it 11-30-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question you need to answer: Why did you bother to play this hand if you would consider (for even a nano-second) folding when it hits? That is why most of us fold this garbage pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awful logic to say "You played the hand, you made a hand, now go broke." If I play 89[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], are you saying I should never fold on an 89T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board, just because I made my two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your example is totally different. That's not the third nuts (not even the 12th nuts). If the OP's board was T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] then you obviously fold.

In your example if the board was A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] would you fold to a push?