Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dear Lee Jones; Volume II (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395191)

yvesaint 12-09-2005 10:08 PM

Re: Dear Lee Jones; Volume II

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sure you're aware that you can turn off observor chat. Why would they fix something you can do yourself already?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont want observer chat to affect my opponents deal-making decisions

Exitonly 12-09-2005 10:15 PM

- More regular big buyin tournaments. More 100's and 150's throughout the day.
- Satelites to the nightly 150. Stick a guarantee on it, attract lots of people like the party Supers.

billyjex 12-09-2005 10:16 PM

stars needs more decent buy in tournaments ($50+) for west coast insomniacs.

12-09-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- More regular big buyin tournaments. More 100's and 150's throughout the day.
- Satelites to the nightly 150. Stick a guarantee on it, attract lots of people like the party Supers.

[/ QUOTE ]

While we're at it supers to the Saturday $320. Structure is great but probaly to expensive to ever get 200+ direct buy ins

KneeCo 12-09-2005 10:33 PM

- auto add-on (no exit, you aren't alone).
- ditch the 20% payouts.
- I think it would be cool (and fair) if Deep Stack tournaments awarded more TLB points than regular tournaments.
- some kind of call button for support for Ft chops instead of the email system (everyone has to press it, once support is called the tournament is paused).

12-09-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Fix the blind movement to have a dead-button system the same as in b&m tournaments. It's just ridiculous that you can skip your big blind when the player on your right busts out when you're UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This isn't just a convenience thing; the current way that Poker Stars deals with this gives players an unfair advantage and it can be easily avoided.

120-man SnGs of varying buy-ins. I want $5.50s and $11s, and I know tons of people on this site want $55s and $109s.

12-09-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- some kind of call button for support for Ft chops instead of the email system (everyone has to press it, once support is called the tournament is paused).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... this is a great idea. There should be a button that requires everyone to press it that pauses the tournament and a button that only needs one press that calls support.

gumpzilla 12-09-2005 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This isn't just a convenience thing; the current way that Poker Stars deals with this gives players an unfair advantage and it can be easily avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it unfair? Everybody is equally likely to suffer from it, right? By the same argument, I can say it's unfair that one player gets dealt aces 4 times in a stretch of 100 hands while I don't see them at all. The way poker is played there is a lot of stuff that's inherently unfair in this sense because it's a game of tremendous luck. I don't see why the BB getting skipped should be a big issue, though I'm open to persuasion if somebody wants to make a strong case.

12-09-2005 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it unfair? Everybody is equally likely to suffer from it, right? By the same argument, I can say it's unfair that one player gets dealt aces 4 times in a stretch of 100 hands while I don't see them at all. The way poker is played there is a lot of stuff that's inherently unfair in this sense because it's a game of tremendous luck. I don't see why the BB getting skipped should be a big issue, though I'm open to persuasion if somebody wants to make a strong case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... I didn't know how to word that. I guess I should just say that it increases luck and decreases skill in the tournament.

hudat 12-09-2005 11:39 PM

150-300 level!!

Turbo tourneys where your hand is folded after 15 seconds, no warning, no timebank. It would be a true Turbo then.