Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you love me? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367724)

PokerBob 10-29-2005 04:18 AM

Do you love me?

Canterbury 30/60 9 handed
BB here is a bit of a spaz. He loves to take random shots at multi-way pots and tends to go waaaaaay too far on air. He will get hyper/retarded aggressive on the flop. He knows who I am. I have to believe that he fears/respects me a bit, as he has played with me quite a bit and I have taken plenty of $$$ from him. He has shown the ability to fold to aggression from me on the bigger streets .

I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG, UTG+1 (A guy who also knows and respects me CC's, which I find surpirsing/alarming), folds to BB who calls.

Flop 3 ways: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, UTG+1 calls, BB RAISES, I call, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, I raise, UTG+1 folds, BB calls.

River: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet......thoughts?

bicyclekick 10-29-2005 04:40 AM

Re: Do you love me?

it's only good cause of who it's against. It's the right play cause of who the bb is.

ihardlyknowher 10-29-2005 04:51 AM

I understand everything but the river bet.

drbk2 10-29-2005 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think checking the river is the best play. Is he really calling you with a worse Ace high?

MitchL 10-29-2005 04:56 AM

Is this a value bet or do you think he would fold a pair to your turn raise when he whiffs his two pair draw on river?

Victor 10-29-2005 04:59 AM

nice value bluff.

bicyclekick 10-29-2005 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a value bet or do you think he would fold a pair to your turn raise when he whiffs his two pair draw on river?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a straight bluff. Trying to get him to fold some middle pair...which he's DEFINATELY capable of. That's how I woulda played the hand vs villain too (and for the record almost never play it like that otherwise as it's typically a HORRIBLE line).

MitchL 10-29-2005 05:30 AM

Thats why I thought this was interesting, because villain's description can be misleading, many people think that these types cant be bluffed.

lil feller 10-29-2005 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think checking the river is the best play. Is he really calling you with a worse Ace high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming the river is a bluff...

lf

worm33 10-29-2005 12:07 PM

I would like it if utg had folded the flop, but I think he could very easily have KQ AQ or a flush draw and he could really foil your plans.