Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Flopped the flush. Will it hold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83249)

JDErickson 04-30-2004 02:50 PM

Flopped the flush. Will it hold?

Loose table. multiple fish. Opponent in this hand is one of the least fishy but still too loose.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>

Comments?

butters 04-30-2004 03:38 PM

Re: Flopped the flush. Will it hold?

Tough one. Preflop, I don't know if I'd complete here getting 5-1. Depends on the table.

Flop &amp; Turn I'd play the same way. The question with the turn 3-bet is what do you do if he caps? If he's got a flush, it's bigger than yours, but I'd have trouble letting go here. Maybe call the turn raise, bet the river (planning on folding to a raise) is better?

Chaos_ult 04-30-2004 03:45 PM

I complete in the sb here every time. I'd play it the same way.

Do you fold to a river raise?

Matt

BugsBunny 04-30-2004 05:41 PM

I complete in the sb here every time

In a 1/2 blind structure I do as well (I'll complete any 2 suited there), but in a 1/3 blind structure it becomes a different story. A 45 I would definitely complete, a 34 I'm not so sure. This is borderline for me, although with 1 more limper I would definitely complete.

As far as the hand goes I agree, I would have played it the same way. On the river I would have called a raise here since he didn't cap the turn. Though if he had capped the turn though I would have check/called the river. The only way the 6 helps him is if he has a K6 in his hand.

JDErickson 04-30-2004 05:51 PM

Results

Well I felt my hand was good when he called the turn 3 bet. If he raised on turn I would call.

Opponent flipped K2o and my flush held up.

PF call was a little iffy due to 3/6 blind structure but I felt the possible straight draws would make it worth it.

Jim

bigsooner 04-30-2004 05:52 PM

i think people complete way to often in 36 the 1/3 of a bet blind is esaly compensated for by the fact that you will be in the absolute worst position for the entire hand, I think the standards should be the same for middle position, i dont call here i and dont think its close