Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Keep the short stack alive? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258412)

Newt_Buggs 05-24-2005 02:34 PM

Keep the short stack alive?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter

UTG (t1210)
Button (t2526)
Hero (t5896)
BB (t368)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero?

beeyjay 05-24-2005 02:35 PM

Re: Keep the short stack alive?

ya fold.

Runner Runner 05-24-2005 02:39 PM

fold, only if they are letting you get away with murder. If they are more tenacious players, push.

iMsoLucky0 05-24-2005 02:41 PM

It is kind of a tough spot too because the 2nd biggest stack is on your right. If you fold here you have to push every other hand with any two. If you can make yourself do that, then yes, you should fold.

syka16 05-24-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is kind of a tough spot too because the 2nd biggest stack is on your right. If you fold here you have to push every other hand with any two. If you can make yourself do that, then yes, you should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why couldn't you complete and push any 2 on the next hand even if you double up the SS?

nokona13 05-24-2005 02:51 PM

This seems like a text-book situation where you have a giant stack and there's two other good sized stacks and you want shorty hanging on making the mids nervous about playing hands with you. Unless the mids have proven themselves to be absolutely maniacal calling station luckboxes, I think you should fold here.

jgunnip 05-24-2005 02:55 PM

Just making sure I understand the logic behind this. You want to keep the small stack around when you're the really big stack so the two middle stacks continue to play very tight while they wait for the small stack to bust. correct?

montybear 05-24-2005 03:16 PM

i was in an almost identical situation the other night. but i only would have had to like like 60 to complete. i folded and some other guy types 'wtf?'
very next hand with 89, i push his BB. he calls with AT, realizing what i was doing. i promptly bust him on the bubble. he then said many many things that hurt my feelings, as i wrote back "dude, you could have folded". won the tourny four hands later. it was fun, i laughed.

J-Lo 05-24-2005 03:17 PM

Yes, meanwhile-- Newt steals the blinds of the other 2 stacks ALL DAY. With any two cards, it sometimes backfires when their retarded asses call u with A6 and u have 62 and the 2k stack doubled up, then u push w/ AT and then the now 5k stacks calls u w/ JJ and u finish 4th (happened to me at the $33-- pretty mad about it)

Newt_Buggs 05-24-2005 03:21 PM

My main concern is the desperate short stack once I fold. I'm assuming that if I fold this then I have to push any two for the next 2 hands correct? I'm worried that the BB will still be desperate and call with trash that is better than my trash, thereby cutting into my FE a lot.