Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Value bet on the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368166)

brazilio 10-30-2005 01:36 AM

Value bet on the river?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (2 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero uhhhhh

Final Pot: SKRILLIONAIRE HUGE

Flop bet would be eh, the table was very loose and very passive, at a tighter table I'd just expect to pick it up often right there.

KDawgCometh 10-30-2005 01:48 AM

Re: Value bet on the river?

I don't really want to bet the river here. I'd maybe call a bet, but only a single bet on the river. I just see very little value in putting in a bet

ALL1N 10-30-2005 02:00 AM

I'd check and fold the river.

ALL1N 10-30-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet would be eh, the table was very loose and very passive, at a tighter table I'd just expect to pick it up often right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't even consider betting this flop.

toss 10-30-2005 02:07 AM

I want to check and fold. I guess betting can't be that though.

Jgents 10-30-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to echo, but I don't mind echoing one of the current greats.

Yes. Any ace, pair will check considering the loose/passive table compostion; however, I don't think even a typical loose/passive 3/6 player will call anything less than a flush here. No reason to bet this. Anywhere.

brazilio 10-30-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Any ace, pair will check considering the loose/passive table compostion; however, I don't think even a typical loose/passive 3/6 player will call anything less than a flush here. No reason to bet this. Anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying that a non-flush won't call is 100% false.

Jgents 10-30-2005 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SO why didn't you bet, for instance, the river with an EV+ gain of at least 1 BB if a non-flush did/would call your bet.

brazilio 10-30-2005 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SO why didn't you bet, for instance, the river with an EV+ gain of at least 1 BB if a non-flush did/would call your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is 4-way. Because the pot's tiny. Because these are very loose very passive fish who very well might not bet a flush on the turn. Because there are only a few hands that are going to call here that I'm beating. Because I'm risking 1BB to win 3-ish.