Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Quest for aggression (hand 4) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=153605)

Beck 11-25-2004 10:43 PM

Quest for aggression (hand 4)

Guess this should be renamed "Quest for CORRECT APPLIED aggression"......

Anyway:
UTG total Loose-passive, VP$IP at 60%.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Decent pair, OESD, gotta bet it.
Turn: (3.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Basically a blank, altough opens up for the Backdoor spades flush. Still seemed straighforward with a bet.

River: (5.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Suddenly a pair on board, giving him possible trips. Should I have bet this river? This could have been one of his chase-cards.
Final Pot: 5.75 BB

Chris Daddy Cool 11-25-2004 11:06 PM

Re: Quest for aggression (hand 4)

bet the river.

pointcount 11-25-2004 11:10 PM

this line is fine. Bet until you've got aggression shown against you.

Edit: I'd be scared of betting the river too but maybe it's a value bet here...

zuluking 11-26-2004 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Concur.

ncboiler 11-26-2004 12:17 AM

I play it exactly the same way but betting the river is not a bad play at all. My thinking is if he calls then you are beat. If you bet and he raises then its a fold.

Beck 11-26-2004 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Concur.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't know the word "concur". What does it mean?

Beck 11-26-2004 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just can't see which hands, he could have he would call with, that wouldn't beat me. Perhaps something like KT or JT. Or am I just giving too much credit to my opponent, that he wouldn't call me with utter crap?

Beck 11-26-2004 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play it exactly the same way but betting the river is not a bad play at all. My thinking is if he calls then you are beat. If you bet and he raises then its a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which means I don't really gain anything from betting the river.

fairness 11-26-2004 01:48 AM

that quote doesn't make sense. you gain a bet when he calls and you're ahead and you lose one bet when you bet and he raises. he'll call you more often than he'll raise because more often he'll hold a ten than another nine.

Ajax410 11-26-2004 02:24 AM

I think a bet here is the right move if you're capable of folding to a raise. He will call you with second best hands...even including ace-high...often enough to make this worthwhile.

Alex