Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   HU etiquette question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389543)

ggbman 12-01-2005 10:15 PM

HU etiquette question

So I am playing this guy heads up at 25/50 and im up about 10k on him. I'm sitting alone at another table, which he joins, and were end up being like 4 handed. I stack him with set over set, and a few minutes lter my friend calls and asks if i want to grab some dinner. we have been playing for about 45 minutes, so i sit out and tell the guy i'm going to dinner and may be back later.

He basically throws a hissy fit, accuses me of hitting and running, etc... Basically i don't feel that my job is to make him happy about the poker table, but i respect the game and don't want to be a dick. I told him he could have my aim name so we could schedule a rematch, but he was pretty cockish and went with the "i'm on here all the time, you know where to find me" line. So what do you guys think, is there anything wrong with what i did here?

BobboFitos 12-01-2005 10:17 PM

Re: HU etiquette question

tell him to fvck himself, you were too nice.

HoldEmKillah 12-01-2005 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

etizzle 12-01-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DonButtons 12-01-2005 10:43 PM

dont tell him to [censored] himself, but just say your going to eat dinner...and leave...

lapoker17 12-01-2005 10:46 PM

You handled this perfectly.

The "fvck him" responses lack some critical thinking.

Well done.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-01-2005 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that I would call giving him the AIM name to set up a rematch is "perfect." More perfect would be to just close the window and not give a crap that he's going to be mad.

citanul 12-02-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that I would call giving him the AIM name to set up a rematch is "perfect." More perfect would be to just close the window and not give a crap that he's going to be mad.

[/ QUOTE ]

making a player whom you are desiring of playing 25/50 nl heads up with as happy as possible with you is desirable. so doing the aim name would be sort of like a flawless victory with a fatality on the end.

c

BobboFitos 12-02-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh, Im not really going to defend what I said, because sure, some element of civility is probably right. But... At 25/50 fish and pros alike all share big egos, and insulting that normally gauruntees action.

Although you're right, perhaps just closing the poker site and eating dinner is more appropriate.

Andrew Fletcher 12-02-2005 01:26 AM

Someday, the poker boom will end and all you anti-social internet players will have to learn the skills needed to keep good games going.