Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   A hand where my overaggressiveness might have cost me a few bets (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=183038)

shadow29 01-24-2005 04:12 PM

A hand where my overaggressiveness might have cost me a few bets

Almost done with the Party bonuses, so that means I'll be back at Empire at 2/4. I was going over my biggest losers and hands where my overaggressiveness made have been an issue. As some of you know, I have a ridiculously high postflop AF. I'm not totally convinced it's a bad thing, but something that will increase my variance. Anyway, enough of me babbling.

BB is 43.24% VPIP, 4.05% PFR, 0.45 totagg, with a 0.60 River Agg. WTSD is 48.65% and W$ASD is 44.44%. Small sample of only 74 hands.

River play is really my question here, I think that everything else is standard, but feel free to comment.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (6.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Heh. 1000th post.

Sent 01-24-2005 04:22 PM

Re: A hand where my overaggressiveness might have cost me a few bets

I check behind on the river to the 3 overcards out there, two on the flop and the BB decides to come with you the whole way. Overcards are T J cards he is more likely to be playing

tiltaholic 01-24-2005 04:29 PM

hey
i'd say check behind on the river...he's loose, but he's not calling a bet with a pair of sevens or ace high, and will surely call with a T or a J.

but then again...i already know you lost the hand so i can't be sure i wouldn't bet as you did. actually, i'm pretty sure i'd check the river...at teh time it was only a 7 BB pot and I couldn't fold to a river raise either, though the raise would indicate I'm toast.
-t

VBM 01-24-2005 04:32 PM

sup bro?

it's hard for me to objectively say if you should bet the river, b/c i already know he's check-raising.

i think arguments for checking behind him are such;

1. better hands aren't folding (villain is loose after all) they'll call or raise.
2. worse hands probably won't pay off.

i think you should fold once you've been raised, unless you have a read that this is a bad player prone to cute-ish plays.

given that you're an aggressive player and he probably figures you won't lay down for 1 more bet, i'd guess you probably should.

btspider 01-24-2005 04:44 PM

whoa.. where have you been hiding?

take your free showdown.. and my gods, fold to his check-raise. the turn bet is probably no good either given the flop board/action.

Shillx 01-24-2005 04:56 PM

Check the river. Fold to the check/raise for sure.

Brad

easypete 01-24-2005 05:00 PM

Fold pf.

Shillx 01-24-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

easypete 01-24-2005 05:03 PM