Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Live Long Enough to Live Forever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389024)

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 07:41 AM

Live Long Enough to Live Forever

Live Long Enough to Live Forever

This is the first blog I've written with no poker content that I think can have a profound impact on some of the readers. I really hope some of you will take the suggestion and read the book in question.

Anyway, I'd love comments from people that think I'm crazy, or people that have read the book already.
-ZJ

Yeti 12-01-2005 08:09 AM

Re: Live Long Enough to Live Forever

You are the new Bruiser!

GuyOnTilt 12-01-2005 08:16 AM

I did some reading on this subject a while back and was actually skimming thru this book last week at the bookstore. I'll probably end up reading it, but I have a few others to get thru first. Good entry, good stuff.

GoT

BradleyT 12-01-2005 09:42 AM

ZJ,

The world would run out of natural resources before anyone reaches age 5,000.

craig r 12-01-2005 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ZJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus, isn't our generation the first generation in U.S. history that will have a lower standard of living than the previous one?

craig

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ZJ,

[/ QUOTE ]

Marty, you're thinking three dimensionally. You have to think in the 4th dimension!

diebitter 12-01-2005 10:08 AM

Frankly, believing any of this tosh is a waste of the 4th dimension. And it's place on your bookshelf is a waste of the other three.

IMHO.

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, believing any of this tosh is a waste of the 4th dimension. And it's place on your bookshelf is a waste of the other three.

IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The idea of living longer by eating a more nutritous diet is absurd to you? I guess some people just don't like facts / common sense.

jthegreat 12-01-2005 10:13 AM

Living past 120 years by just changing your diet *is* absurd. Living longer in general obviously isn't.

diebitter 12-01-2005 10:15 AM

cool on your wild deductive abilities, Holmes!

How did you know I was talking about the nutrition specifically and not about the absurd idea of living forever using all the things mentioned in the link? I sure didn't!

Enjoy your pine nuts or sand or whatever, if you're pressing the nutrition angle.

But you do realise, you won't live forever? It'll just seem like it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]