Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   reckless KQo? or what does a minraise mean (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397627)

montechristo 12-13-2005 02:24 PM

reckless KQo? or what does a minraise mean

eff. stacks 400 2/4 NL 5 handed
only read is that BB likes to pay a lot for draws.

Hero is button w/ KQo, raises to 16, BB calls, utg calls.
flop Ks9s5d. Checked to Hero, hero bets pot, villain minraises, hero pushes. What do you think?

Allinlife 12-13-2005 02:31 PM

Re: reckless KQo? or what does a minraise mean

without seeing what kind of hands he minraises with, the push is horrible, because often better hands will fold..

I fold in these spots against certain players, or sometimes call the minraise and bet out on blank turns

12-13-2005 02:37 PM

ugh. Even bad players fold flush draws against those kind of overbets. Unless he's very, very bad, you will only get called by better hands here.

Dumle

Bukem_ 12-13-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh. Even bad players fold flush draws against those kind of overbets.

Dumle

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. One of my best reads ever went down the crapper because of this. Flop was Ace high 3 clubs, I knew he had the K clubs. I pushed his flop raise thinking he would be forced to fold. Nope, King high beats my Queen high.

Another hand, I bet into guy with OESF draw, he min raises, I push. He insta calls with A high flush draw.

Leptyne 12-13-2005 03:11 PM

Garland has taught me to keep track if individual minraises, both pre-and postflop so next time you'll know.

I think a better line v. a flush draw is to call the flop raise and push a blank turn. When you fold to a flush on the turn you'll lose $116 once every five times. Ffour times you'll push the turn and win his stack four out of five.

Putting him all-in on a flush draw on the flop means you'll win two out of three.

Of course these figures don't include the possibility that he'll hit a random 2 pr, or he's got a set instead of a flush draw. Since your only read is that he'll pay off on a draw I'd wait and push the blank turn.

montechristo 12-13-2005 04:15 PM

thanks nice post.

12-13-2005 06:14 PM

Fair enough. Maybe I exagerated to make my point.

Dumle

12-13-2005 06:24 PM

Doesn't look like villain is drawing. I think your push on the flop is horrible. You will only be called by better hands and the few times you are called by draws you aren't a very big favorite. If you think there is a good chance you have the best hand then call the flop and bet into the turn if it is checked to you.