Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QTo from the BB (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271873)

BreakfastBurrito 06-13-2005 11:23 AM

QTo from the BB

8/16 Oceans 11. 2 loose passives limp, decent player raises, button and SB call, and I call in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Limpers call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it gets checked around.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to button who bets, I call, one loose passive shrugs and calls everyone else folds.

River is a blank. I bet, LP folds, button raises and I fold.

What's the proper line here?

27offsooot 06-13-2005 11:25 AM

Re: QTo from the BB

You can start with not folding. I would lead the flop and the turn. Call down from there against passive player raises.

bozlax 06-13-2005 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8/16 Oceans 11. 2 loose passives limp, decent player raises, button and SB call, and I call in BB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Limpers call.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it gets checked around.

Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Checked to button who bets, I call, one loose passive shrugs and calls everyone else folds.

River is a blank. I bet, LP folds, button raises and I fold.

What's the proper line here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not folding the second-nut flush to a raise on the river when you haven't shown any particular strength in the hand would be a good way to END the hand.

Did you check the flop hoping to C/R? I'd probably bet out the flop, and call a raise.

Why not raise the turn? If I bet out the flop and got raised, I'd call and then C/R the turn. The way you played it, you've got to bet out the turn, same if you just got called on the flop.

jskills 06-13-2005 12:35 PM

I raise the turn and call down from there if reraised.

Button could very well have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], but you've got the second nuts so I can't see not showing down.

BreakfastBurrito 06-13-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the turn? If I bet out the flop and got raised, I'd call and then C/R the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize I just have the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and not the flush on the flop right? Leading into 4 players in a raised pot with the 2nd nut flush draw and undercards against a very loose passive field doesn't seem like the right play here. I could easily be drawing dead already. I checked with the intention of folding if it was more than one bet back to me.

On the turn, I check called because there were 3 people left in the hand after me and I don't want to push them off a smaller [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or get 3 bet by the nuts. On the river I bet because I have a good chance of being good, and excluding drunken maniacs, I don't think I've ever played against a live player who would raise the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in that spot, especially in a ridiculously passive game like O11 8/16, so I can comfortably fold to a raise.

imported_CaseClosed326 06-13-2005 01:23 PM

This is pretty weak tight here. You have to call the river.

I would bet out the turn, I would have been too worried that it would be checked through on the turn like it did on the flop.

csuf_gambler 07-02-2005 01:36 PM

i love the 8/16 at oceans.

i would check the flop also.

i would definatly open bet the turn though. then open bet the river.

theres no way you can there on the river.