Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Poker on Fox? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=49681)

coolhandkuhn 10-20-2003 04:31 PM

Poker on Fox?

Was browsing on cardplayer.com and saw that the fox network is going to air the 'showdown at the sands' tournament in a 5 to 6 part series. And I thought the WPT on the travel channel and ESPN's extended coverage of the 2003 WSOP were great for the game....imagine all the Nascar and Cops fans tuning in to find poker on instead of their beloved 'Redneck Olympics'...looks like the games are going to get even better. God Bless the Fox network and their legion of mentally-stunted viewers (Simpsons' fans not included)!!!

MaxPower 10-20-2003 04:54 PM

Re: Poker on Fox?

Yeah I saw this too, but I wouldn't be suprised if they are referring to Fox Sports or FX.

RollaJ 10-21-2003 11:39 AM

The way things are going for poker, and considering what fox's avg rating is, I would not be at all surprised to see it on broadcast TV. Could you imagine the ratings they'll pull from all those people who dont have Travel, and those who dont have ESPN. I think this will be huge for them and poker. My guess is it will be broadcast, and then rerun on their other channels

Gamblor 10-21-2003 12:00 PM

Re: I\'m expecting 50 BB/hr on party the night after the first eventn/m

baggins 10-21-2003 02:34 PM

i don't have cable, and don't get to watch any of the televised poker on ESPN and Travel Channel. i would love to see something like this on Fox's broadcast channel.

MaxPower 10-22-2003 02:42 PM

Just read a post from Matt Savage on RGP. He says it is going to be on Fox Sports Network and shown on Thanksgiving day.

Too bad. I'm not sure how many peple get that channel.

slamdunkpro 10-22-2003 03:28 PM

Wow, that's quick. The Sands is 10/22 and Thanksgiving is 10/27

CrackerZack 10-22-2003 03:36 PM

Thanksgiving moved to october?!?!

I never got the memo! I guess I didn't use the new cover sheet on my TPS reports.

RollaJ 10-22-2003 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that's quick. The Sands is 10/22 and Thanksgiving is 10/27

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Canadian or Polish?

Jezebel 10-22-2003 04:10 PM

Re: Thanksgiving moved to october?!?!

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then ill set the building on fire.