Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QJs- hate this hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388108)

deepsquat 11-30-2005 02:03 AM

QJs- hate this hand

Villain appears to be slightly loose and aggressive after 1 orbit. I played this like crap.

Not raising the flop was a mistake imo. I really hate calling the turn and folding the river in spots like this.

Whats the best line?
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

jt1 11-30-2005 02:15 AM

Re: QJs- hate this hand

umm, you could play this WA/WB lead river. No amount of aggression is will get AQ, AT, QQ, etc to fold. You will get extra bets out of them. They probably wouldn't call the river (except QQ and TT) so my line isn't perfect. However you may get extra bets from a small pp

Other option is to check raise the flop and lead turn. You risk getting raised on the turn which you have to call.

I think both lines have merit. Odds are Villian has AQ or AK rather than a pp, but barely.

yellowjack 11-30-2005 02:19 AM

Trying to figure out the turn where we're getting 5.75 to 1. I count ~6.5 (4 T, 2 J[1/2 the time], 3 Q [1/2 the time])outs, but I'm terrible at this. How many do others count?

PokerSparky 11-30-2005 02:27 AM

I checkraise the the flop, bet/fold the turn and river.

11-30-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise the flop? Explain please?

PokerSparky 11-30-2005 02:54 AM

IMO there's no guarantee that villain is going to bet the turn if we check it, and I think there's a good chance we have the best hand. Villain could easily be on a draw with this board.

I could be convince that checkraising this flop is a mistake though. I believe I've become a bit over aggro since playing a lot of 6 max.

PokerSparky 11-30-2005 03:57 AM

Some how I missed that we had a gutshot straight draw. So we probably have 6 clean outs if we're behind, so a bet/fold on the turn is probably bad. I suppose folding the river UI if we're raised on the turn is best.

Ugh, I'm tired. I'll check what others have to say in the morning.

mackthefork 11-30-2005 05:19 AM

Wow this is the exact hand I played yesterday, the board is almost exactly the same, my villian was passive, I bet every street and was called down by K3 spades. I think there is a good chance he had you preflop but you could well be ahead, hard to say, I think I check raise the flop and lead out the turn if called, against an aggro opponent, take it from there?

Mack

SlantNGo 11-30-2005 10:02 AM

I don't get it... I'm check/folding the turn, unless your loose and aggressive read leads to you to believe that you're ahead on the flop often enough to call down.

11-30-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raise the flop? Explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like check-raising the flop here as well. And aggressive player who raised (or 3-bet) preflop will almost always bet the flop, regardless of cards, if checked to. I think there is a good chance we have the best hand here and it lets us take control of the hand.