Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($22): Attempting to own the bubble, worth it at 22s? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401565)

12-20-2005 03:18 PM

Re: Comments and Results

In a 22 I don't see BB ever folding A9s or A10+. Thats the problem with low buyin's, every donk sees every all in as a bluff.. I guess I would evaluate my table image and make my decision based on that.

12-20-2005 03:37 PM

Re: ($22): Attempting to own the bubble, worth it at 22s?

That was a terrible call by the BB. It would be a bad call even if your cards were face up.

I would, however, call with any Ace or any pair if I was shortie on the Button.

Ixnert 12-20-2005 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's not quite "unexploitable" but I can't see the BB calling more than 22+,A2+,K7o+,K2s+,QTo,Q9s+,JTs.. can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. Not the first time you push, but at least at the 33s, I wish I had a dollar for every time I got called by something like J5o just because someone got tired of my pushes the fourth or fifth time around. (This may just be a product of the freakishly long bubbles I've been finding myself playing lately, that they even have long enough to get frustrated at it, but these things happen.)

Not that I mind in that case, but I definitely can see a calling range wider than that, yes.

12-20-2005 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's not quite "unexploitable" but I can't see the BB calling more than 22+,A2+,K7o+,K2s+,QTo,Q9s+,JTs.. can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can. Not the first time you push, but at least at the 33s, I wish I had a dollar for every time I got called by something like J5o just because someone got tired of my pushes the fourth or fifth time around. (This may just be a product of the freakishly long bubbles I've been finding myself playing lately, that they even have long enough to get frustrated at it, but these things happen.)

Not that I mind in that case, but I definitely can see a calling range wider than that, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been getting spite-called by low and middle suited connectors.... I was abusing the bubble yesterday wih around 1/2 the chips on the table, and one guy called my push who was in a comfortable third (>10BBs) with a tiny 4th place chip stack about to be allin on the blinds. He had 67 suited and I had 4s. After he spiked a seven to double up, he said, "Don't you know Doyle Brunson says low pocket pair go broke against suited connectors?"

12-20-2005 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been getting spite-called by low and middle suited connectors.... I was abusing the bubble yesterday wih around 1/2 the chips on the table, and one guy called my push who was in a comfortable third (>10BBs) with a tiny 4th place chip stack about to be allin on the blinds. He had 67 suited and I had 4s. After he spiked a seven to double up, he said, "Don't you know Doyle Brunson says low pocket pair go broke against suited connectors?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you'll run into this stuff occasionally. Guys like that help make us winning players.