Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Donkeyfied AA hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401075)

sng-sam 12-18-2005 11:53 PM

Donkeyfied AA hand

Pokerstars 3+.30 2000ish people started down to final 150

Blinds 400/800 50 ante
Hero 15000
Villan 18000

Hero is UTG+1 with AA
Villan is Button

Hero Raises to 1200
BB calls

Flop KJ4 rainbow

Villan bets 1100ish
Hero reraises all in
Villan calls and shows KJ for 2 pair

Hero is out

Your Opinions are appreciated

Straight Flushes,

SAM

TheBlueMonster 12-19-2005 12:20 AM

Re: Donkeyfied AA hand

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 400/800 50 ante

Hero Raises to 1200

[/ QUOTE ]
can you do that with these blinds?

12-19-2005 12:21 AM

I think some of the numbers in your post are wrong. Blinds maybe?

sng-sam 12-19-2005 12:27 AM

sorry blinds are correct

I made a 3bb raise
he made a 1/3 pot bet and I reraised all in

Sorry

12-19-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry blinds are correct

I made a 3bb raise
he made a 1/3 pot bet and I reraised all in

Sorry

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played fine.

12-19-2005 03:44 AM

People will flop two-pair when you have an over-pair. It happens. Personally I prefer getting sucked out on real early though.

If it's any comfort to you - the exact same thing happened to me at a FFP sat to the Scandinacian open yesterday - only it was the third hand of the tournament - and I had kings against J9.

You played fine. I don't see how you could justify not pushing here - given there was no re-raise pf. You would have to be Uri Geller to put him on two-pair.

Dan Mezick 12-19-2005 08:41 AM

Villian has 10.5 orbits in his stack.
You have 8 orbits in your stack.

Here you can move-in, or limp and hope for a fool to raise you, and re-raise all-in pre-flop.
The little raise you made is your absolute WORST worst play.

The limp risks no raise preflop. You really do not have enough chips for this play.

The move in put him on a decision preflop with no alternatives while you hold the best hand with a weak stack fully deployed pre-flop.

So you move in. Automatic.

You invite this KJ ("off" for sure) jerk into the pot, why? What's the OBJECTIVE of your 1200 raise? What's your plan?? Apparently, you want to let idiots in cheap. This you accomplish with ease.

With your weak stack, you are not supposed to let anyone see the flop cheap in this spot !! If you had more maybe you could try limping and hope for a re-raise. If the flop is smooth and there is betting, you decide street by street from there. You can still get away with some chips if no one re-raises pre-flop (preventing your planned reraise all-in) and the flop is bad for your AA. Read this paragraph again.

You have a small stack and need to move in. Any play for all his chips preflop likely pushes him off the pot with that KJ button cheese. If he calls great - he makes a HUGE mistake.

This was very poorly played. You trapped yourself. You literally handed this KJ idiot all your chips, voluntarily.

betgo 12-19-2005 08:53 AM

It looks like you pushed for 4xpot. I don't see the point in that. I think you bust out anyway though. You also had outs to make a higher 2 pair.

Matador225 12-19-2005 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You invite this KJ ("off" for sure) jerk into the pot, why? What's the OBJECTIVE of your 1200 raise? What's your plan?? Apparently, you want to let idiots in cheap. This you accomplish with ease.

With your weak stack, you are not supposed to let anyone see the flop cheap in this spot !! If you had more maybe you could try limping and hope for a re-raise. If the flop is smooth and there is betting, you decide street by street from there. You can still get away with some chips if no one re-raises pre-flop (preventing your planned reraise all-in) and the flop is bad for your AA. Read this paragraph again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely disagree with you Dan, unless of course you are joking and I failed to detect your sarcasm. He played it absolutely fine. If you know villain is going to call a 3 X raise (but no more than that) that screams monster with KJ than thats what you make it. You don't need to fear protecting your hand when you have the best possible hand preflop, you should be worried about getting the most value out of it. In this case I think our hero did. I don't think villain is going to call a push and if the flop comes king or jack high he probably commits all his chips. The OP played it fine.

12-19-2005 09:12 AM

I agree with Matador on this one. I have my own way of playing Aces and it tends to work. One, if I have a big stack I am raising to the point that only strong hands can call, no more bad beats for Rich, though it still happens on occasion. Two, if short stacked, I slow roll and hope others might limp and of course push to any raise, this way I get as many chips into the pot and then double or triple up. This strategy worked perfectly on Full Tilt after suffering a bad beat suckout that took me from CL to almost out of the tourney. Just my opinion but this seems to work for me, so far.