Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Kinda Deep Top Two (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=359293)

10-17-2005 08:52 AM

Kinda Deep Top Two

Relevent stack $343

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $7.

Flop: ($21) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $26</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $39</font>, MP calls $13.

Turn: ($99) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $99</font>, MP calls $99.

River: ($297) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP pushes

It's 196 to call

Villian is 48/10/1.5, he seems a bit loose, slighty bad but not horrible

That stupid min-re-raise I made was because I got this opponent mixed up with some one else. I would rather have made it like $70, and probably fold to a 4-bet.

The river is hard, because I didn't think he'd limp AA-TT preflop. I think his hand range is KQ, AT, maybe KT, and outside chance of something ridiculous.

NYCNative 10-17-2005 08:54 AM

Re: Kinda Deep Top Two

With the stupid way he played this hand, I think you have to pay him off if he has you beat because the range is off the charts, IMHO.

Hattifnatt 10-17-2005 08:54 AM

I call expecting to see A9 or something like that. He can have KQ but if that's the case he played it like a donk don't pushing after checking the turn and your bet.

10-17-2005 08:58 AM

ok I guess this was easier than I thought it was, I called, he had ATo, woot

Hattifnatt 10-17-2005 08:59 AM

nh sir

10-17-2005 09:01 AM

i dont think villain has KQ here, and a set is unlikely as well if he is a true donk. A bad player i think would either slowplay the hell out of a set or KQ on this flop or probably 4bet minraise the flop or at least make a small reraise to keep hero involved in hand. I dont see many bad players taking a line like this, especially when he check calls turn. If he has KQ, sucks for hero, but if he's playing like that, you will probably get it back soon enough.

*after viewing results, seems A10 seems like a perfect hand for villain to have. He probably thought he had the best hand on the flop and just wanted to see how things deceloped on the turn and river and once no scare cards hit (K,Q, spade), he figured his hand was still good and could get a call from AK/AQ i guess

djoyce003 10-17-2005 10:46 AM

I'd call here, and here is why.

I don't see any way that the 9 helps him. It comes down does he have KQ or not? I think not because with KQ he's going to raise that large turn bet because that gives him the best chance to get it in.

I think he has two pair worse than you, or a busted flush draw....I think those are by far the most likely hands...i'd say you are ahead around 80% of the time here.