Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   NL200: open trips c/r'd from a weird position (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397639)

ajmargarine 12-13-2005 02:52 PM

NL200: open trips c/r\'d from a weird position

UTG seems unimpressive so far, but haven't had much to go on. He's been limping in alot. I haven't been very active in the 3 orbits that I have been sitting down, winning one small pot. And I don't think he's played with me before. Relevant stacks:

UTG ($180)
Hero ($210)
Button ($30)

$1/$2 NLHE Full Table, 8-handed

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 2 folds, Button calls $2, SB calls $1, BB checks.

Flop: ($9.50) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (5 players)</font>
3 checks, Hero bets $8, Button calls $8, 2 folds, UTG raises to $24, Hero....

Lady Dont Tekno 12-13-2005 02:56 PM

Re: NL200: open trips c/r\'d from a weird position

Hrm I can only see 33 beating you and maybe you can trap this guy vs his Q8-QT. I'd call and then raise any non-diamond turn.

swolfe 12-13-2005 03:12 PM

a lot of people limp AQ and KQ from UTG

i'm just saying

-Skeme- 12-13-2005 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only see 33 beating you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh?

Leptyne 12-13-2005 03:48 PM

My first inclination is he limped in with AA-KK UTG. With any kind of hand he should be leading this flop. What kind of donk play is an OOP c/r? Could UTG have AdKd and think he'll check a blank turn and get a free card. And what's Button got? If Button has a flush draw he'll call if you call. I don't like this spot at all. If both you and button call you'll be all-in before you know it.

I don't think a flat call is an option. I'm going to make it $75 to play or fold. If I get a caller I'd have to think I was beat. My raise is intended to state that I've got a big Q and I'm going to push the turn, plus it's a raise to isolate UTG who is OOP.

MuckerFish 12-13-2005 03:50 PM

Tough situation. I've found open trips to frequently be a dangerous hand. The checkraise is at least another queen, and without the nut kicker, I'd be a little worried. Button called too, and is left to act. If he called the 8 from you, I imagine he's calling the check raise too. (I'd be even more worried if he had a larger stack) You're probably sandwiched between someone who may have you beat, and someone who is on the diamond draw. No shame in folding here. AQ, KQ, 33 all possible limping hands from UTG.

Lady Dont Tekno 12-13-2005 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can only see 33 beating you

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just think there are alot more hands that Hero beats than loses to at the moment. Regardless I think anyone advocating a fold on the flop is dead wrong.

Leptyne 12-13-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tough situation. I've found open trips to frequently be a dangerous hand. The checkraise is at least another queen, and without the nut kicker, I'd be a little worried. Button called too, and is left to act. If he called the 8 from you, I imagine he's calling the check raise too. (I'd be even more worried if he had a larger stack) You're probably sandwiched between someone who may have you beat, and someone who is on the diamond draw. No shame in folding here. AQ, KQ, 33 all possible limping hands from UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put!

BobboFitos 12-13-2005 04:44 PM

call

Bukem_ 12-13-2005 04:46 PM

I call and don't mind if a diamond comes, since I can use it for pot control.