Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   can anyone fold this low end straight? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=309495)

Dommer 08-07-2005 01:08 AM

can anyone fold this low end straight?

No reads of course.... sigh, anyone think I played this bad?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

MP1 ($148)
MP2 ($99.50)
MP3 ($182.50)
CO ($140.60)
Button ($102.20)
Hero ($100)
BB ($103.50)
UTG ($140.45)
UTG+1 ($144.15)
UTG+2 ($53.60)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, MP1 calls $1, Hero calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($7) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $25</font>, Hero calls $20, UTG calls $20.

River: ($82) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25, UTG calls $25.

Final Pot: $157

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 6s 7s (straight, ten high).
UTG has Ad Tc (two pair, aces and tens).
MP1 has Jc Qh (straight, queen high).
Outcome: MP1 wins $157. </font>

imported_anacardo 08-07-2005 01:14 AM

Re: can anyone fold this low end straight?

Open the flop for $3 or so and this aaaaaall goes away.

Dommer 08-07-2005 01:16 AM

Yeah thats one thing I thought of, although I don't see how it all goes away. A10 will reraise and if he doesn't QJ has an open ender and will call.

PS. Although I suppose if A10 reraises and qj goes away I would have won but isn't that too results oriented?

imported_anacardo 08-07-2005 01:20 AM

Any douche that opens with top two on an draw-heavy board for a buck will probably do something like min-raise you. That would have in all likelihood knocked out that straight draw. Easy call, make your hand on the turn, pow.

I'm a strong proponent of opening with these sorts of hands, even OOP multiway.

I submit this analysis as being perhaps the most results-oriented ever made.

Dommer 08-07-2005 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any douche that opens with top two on an draw-heavy board for a buck will probably do something like min-raise you. That would have in all likelihood knocked out that straight draw. Easy call, make your hand on the turn, pow.

I'm a strong proponent of opening with these sorts of hands, even OOP multiway.

I submit this analysis as being perhaps the most results-oriented ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as I see it the drawbacks of opening here is that

A) i don't have a draw to the nuts
B) theres an ace on the board and I have two opponents, its likely someone calls
C) not likely to get a free river since I'm out of position if I brick the turn

Is opening here still the more profitable play long run? I think it would require some fimbulwinter style math but my gut tells me its break even at best. I could very well be wrong though.

stu-unger 08-07-2005 01:52 AM

i play it the same way u did.

but if u want some real results oriented thinking. if u pot size c/r the flop u most definatly get rid of the str8 draw. and worst case scenario u get it all in against top 2 on the flop and suck out.