Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   4-handed 10/20 QJd (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370207)

New001 11-02-2005 04:28 AM

4-handed 10/20 QJd

Lineup here is great. Button is very tight and predictable, SB is a loose passive donkey. 50/10, calls down to the river with pretty much any two, donks his made draws. BB here is kinda fishy, but not quite as bad. Something like 40/20. We've been at the table together for roughly 30-40 hands.

4-handed 10/20 online.
I open Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from the CO. Button folds, SB calls, BB 3-bets, I call, SB calls.

3 to the flop for 9 SB. 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

3 to the turn for 6 BB. J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

3 to the turn for 9 BB. 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] SB checks, BB bets, I call, SB calls.

Final pot: 12 BB.

Does this look fine? I have no idea where I stand with regards to the BB, though I'm probably ahead. I was very confident that the SB would call 1 bet (but not 2) with unmade hands on the flop and turn, but I don't know what he'd do with a made hand. He'd likely be calling 2 cold, at least on the flop. There aren't very many made hands though.

sthief09 11-02-2005 04:34 AM

Re: 4-handed 10/20 QJd

[ QUOTE ]
donks his made draws

[/ QUOTE ]

that's about as close toa poker oxymoron as it gets

on to the hand, your flop peel is reeeeally loose. even against a LAG, you have 3 outs pretty damn often. I like a turn raise since the SB will call 2 with any piece

New001 11-02-2005 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on to the hand, your flop peel is reeeeally loose. even against a LAG, you have 3 outs pretty damn often. I like a turn raise since the SB will call 2 with any piece

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it's loose, but SB is calling almost every single time, and he's never raising. I'll be getting 11:1 on my call. I can be convinced it's too loose though.

On the turn, a raise will be called by SB if he's got a J, a 6, or any pocket pair. Everything else I assume he'll fold, whereas he's calling them for 1 bet. It'll also lock up BB if he's on 77-TT, and I'm getting 3-bet by everything that beats me. Is it still a raise to you?

sthief09 11-02-2005 04:45 AM

my first instinct was to draw him in. you said he's really loose so I figured he'd call 2 with any gut shot, any one overcard, etc, which is almost as much as he'd call one with. if he's peeling with 2 undercards then calling is good. the goal is to charge SB as much as possible. against the BB you're probably around even

as for the flop, you need about 4 outs, and you have 0 or 3 against a healthy chunk of his 3-betting range