Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Tomorrow internet poker is proven rigged (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=269313)

marsvolta619 06-09-2005 12:32 PM

Tomorrow internet poker is proven rigged

Just a thought I was pondering yesterday. What if tomorrow, either one of the top 3 sites or all of them were proven to have some flaw in their code that dealt out non-random cards. Obviously, good players are still going to win and show profit over the long-term, but it's something that keeps action going. How would you react? Would you stop playing online? Would you keep playing, but everytime you hit a bad streak or had some bad beats curse the code? All kinds of replies welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CountDuckula 06-09-2005 01:07 PM

Re: Tomorrow internet poker is proven rigged

If it were conclusively proven that a site was rigged, I'd stop playing there. Period. I think I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to beat a rigged site. I'd switch to B&M exclusively rather than play at rigged sites.

-Mike

o0mr_bill0o 06-09-2005 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it were conclusively proven that a site was rigged, I'd stop playing there. Period. I think I know enough to be dangerous, but not enough to beat a rigged site. I'd switch to B&M exclusively rather than play at rigged sites.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

what if it was a site that you had been playing and beating for your whole online poker career? would you really stop playing just because you found out that what you had been beating was slightly rigged? the only reason i'd stop is if it somehow affected the player base (i.e. fish pool).

mothra 06-09-2005 02:11 PM

Assuming the site is not rigged through colluding bots, but rather code that allows the fishier players to draw their miracle cards, I would datamine to see if I could figure out under what conditions the non-random draws help the fish. Then I would consider the impact on my win rate if (a) I avoid playing fish those conditions or (b) adopt some more seemingly fishy plays so as to exploit those rigged conditions. If I could acheive a win rate relevantly higher than my win rate on other sites, I would continue playing there (but I would no longer view my self as playing poker, but rather some other game similar to poker, rigoker).

crazy canuck 06-09-2005 02:29 PM

I'd short party and neteller.

Sifmole 06-09-2005 02:32 PM

I call it "Pahooker!"

Khaos337 06-09-2005 02:35 PM

Did anyone happen to see the WPT last night and the two running 7's?? If that happened online everyone would be screaming "it's rigged, it's rigged"... so i ask you, is the WPT rigged??

Skipbidder 06-09-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if tomorrow, either one of the top 3 sites or all of them were proven to have some flaw in their code that dealt out non-random cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would call it Planet Poker.

Benal 06-09-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd short party and neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

marsvolta619 06-09-2005 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I could acheive a win rate relevantly higher than my win rate on other sites, I would continue playing there (but I would no longer view my self as playing poker, but rather some other game similar to poker, rigoker).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just badong(I hope I'm not the only one who's seen Kung Pow).