Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flop, Turn Plays? 1/2 NL Live AA UTG Domino's @ UMD (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389077)

Maulik 12-01-2005 10:40 AM

Flop, Turn Plays? 1/2 NL Live AA UTG Domino\'s @ UMD

A little background: This is a tough 1/2 NL game, plays close to 2/5 & 5/10.

Effective stacks are: $150-1k. Image is tight, everyone know I'm tight this is a college game and people have seen me play there before and acknowledge I am not a donk...

I buy-in for $300.

Opening raise is between $12-16 pre-flop. I'm UTG w/ AA, open for $15 get one caller @ UTG+1. I've got him covered, he seems okay, not a donk but probably not good either.

2 people to the flop:

A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

pot = $30

I lead for $25 w/ set of aces.
utg+1 min-raises to $50, I think & analyze the board.
call.

turn:
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
pot = 130

I lead for $50, with this bet I'm looking for him to see me as weak and push. The flop min-raise I'm hoping is a set not a straight.

He calls.

River: brick falls.
pot =$230
I say I'll put you AI (he has $85 left).

Thoughts.

Isura 12-01-2005 10:47 AM

Re: Flop, Turn Plays? 1/2 NL Live AA UTG Domino\'s @ UMD

I would just put him all-in on the flop. Your line looks okay, but you lose action on many turn cards.

Wayfare 12-01-2005 10:51 AM

He only started with $200? Put him all in hoss.

If he started with 300 as your into suggests, I would still push [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

josie_wales 12-01-2005 11:01 AM

Hey,

PF, Flop and Turn, I like your line.

On the river, though you want your money in. If he has a straight, so be it.

I think that his range of hands is (1) busted flush draw, (2) smaller set, (3)straight, (4) maybe a med. PP (5) random-caught-some-of-board hand

Against these 5 hands, I think he folds #1,#4,#5 to you all in.

BUT...if you check, you gain the chance he tries to blow you off with a bet.

jw

arod15 12-01-2005 02:03 PM

Use some creativity here. I would slow call the flop. Shake my head act as if the ace bothered me. Check the turn, than push. As obvious as this looks haven played at that game im 80% sure that would work. I dont like donking the turn. He just raised you let him bet than push. I think he commits himself on the turn by betting. As over 70% of his stack would be in there.