Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Tight fold vs genoa_st (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378620)

EverettKings 11-15-2005 12:17 AM

Tight fold vs genoa_st

Stars 150. Genoa had been playing tight. Hadn't opened many pots even in position.

We played one hand together earlier, he open limped for 400 and i pushed for 2700 with QTo. He thought and called with KJh and the board came T high.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

CO (t6210)
Button(genoa_st)(t4307)
Hero (t5544)
BB (t7913)
UTG (t4145)
UTG+1 (t9422)
MP1 (t4065)
MP2 (t7690)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">genoa_st raises to t4307</font>

Hero folds.

I still really don't know if I like it. I just think I see an ace or pocket pair here too often. Blah.

Everett

Exitonly 11-15-2005 12:21 AM

Re: Tight fold vs genoa_st

i dont really know anythign about him, but i think i remember reading he was good.. which means he's pushing worse than KQ there.. (i think) And even weak aces you're not in bad shape vs

EverettKings 11-15-2005 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont really know anythign about him, but i think i remember reading he was good.. which means he's pushing worse than KQ there.. (i think) And even weak aces you're not in bad shape vs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes exit most good players raise a good range of hands here and KQ is usually an instacall but....

If he had a real hand here, he would play it the same. And based on his tightness, and on the fact that he knows I'm aggressive, I don't see him pushing stuff like QJ and KT here. I just don't.

It's a little over 10 BBs to. 8 BBs i UBERMEGAINSTA call.

ZeeJustin 11-15-2005 12:41 AM

I call with KQo there. I'm surprised you don't think hes pushing KTo in this spot.

TheTimeIsUp 11-15-2005 12:42 AM

I call here as well. It seems like a +EV spot any way you put it.

Jason Strasser 11-15-2005 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him pushing stuff like QJ and KT here. I just don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how to say this any better, but having played a billion 200 sngs with him back in the day, this is totally wrong.

-Jason

mlagoo 11-15-2005 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had a real hand here, he would play it the same. And based on his tightness, and on the fact that he knows I'm aggressive, I don't see him pushing stuff like QJ and KT here. I just don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

genoa_st is a good player. if you think his range of pushing on the button in this situation doesnt include hands like QJ and KT, that would make him a bad player. i imagine his range is a fair bit wider than this.

jwvdcw 11-15-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont really know anythign about him, but i think i remember reading he was good..

[/ QUOTE ]

who is he? Does he post here? He was at my table for a while in this tourney later on. Never got much of a read on him.

schwza 11-15-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

genoa_st is a good player. if you think his range of pushing on the button in this situation doesnt include hands like QJ and KT, that would make him a bad player. i imagine his range is a fair bit wider than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. the fact that he's known and good makes me much more inclined to call than if he's not.

citanul 11-15-2005 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see him pushing stuff like QJ and KT here. I just don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how to say this any better, but having played a billion 200 sngs with him back in the day, this is totally wrong.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

what he, and zee, said.

c