Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Take a stab on the river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=340348)

DOTTT 09-19-2005 10:21 PM

Take a stab on the river?

$5-$5 7 handed. utg+1 limps, co limps, I raise pot on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I have $800 both have me covered.

Limpers call.
Flop comes:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop gets checked around.

Turn:
T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

utg+1 bets $75, co calls $75, I call $75

River A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
It's checked around to me. Take a stab here?

co is a calling station but I really think he has a draw on the turn. Never played with utg+1 before.

Feel free to discuss all streets, but checking the flop is of course not my default play here, just doing it for meta game purposes as I play a lot with 4 of these guys.

09-19-2005 11:50 PM

Re: Take a stab on the river?

Regardless of meta game, this flop is too good. You have 20 nut outs (4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a bad card), twice, as well as position. I would throw the deed to my house in the middle if I could.

flawless_victory 09-20-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Flop comes:
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop gets checked around.

[/ QUOTE ]holy jesus christ man, what are you thinking?!?

Spellmen 09-20-2005 12:32 AM

There is absolutely no way you can check this flop on the button. Bet on the flop, shove on the turn if you can since you've just probably picked up plenty more outs

Lafortezza 09-20-2005 01:16 AM

What were you raising from the button hoping to hit?? Pot every street!

dibbs 09-20-2005 01:53 AM

I am well aware you know more about this game than I, but I just don't get how you could check this flop. Thoughts?

Filip 09-20-2005 09:20 AM

Like the rest i really dont like the flop check.

I cant really see what they will put you on if take a stab at the river after just check/calling flop and turn. A wheel or set of aces?

The stab taking should probably occured on the turn, if u can call 20 outs taking a stab.

DOTTT 09-20-2005 06:54 PM

Don't count on that. I've only taken up PLO seriously for 3 months now. On the river I guess I'm trying to represent a set of A's.

TheRempel 09-20-2005 07:41 PM

The only way that flop could be better for you hand would be if the 4d was a 3d. Push push push.

DyessMan89 09-20-2005 07:47 PM

Im definitley betting this flop, definitley raising this turn, and definitley betting this river. Definitley.