Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Trip report: Ruth's Christ Steakhouse (meh!) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395967)

jnalpak 12-11-2005 03:42 AM

Trip report: Ruth\'s Christ Steakhouse (meh!)

YES, i went to RCS....For those that want to know what "ok" steak is keep reading. For those that know how bad this is please utilize the quick reply ala El D and flame away.

Event: Brothers B-Day
Party: 5
Time: 8:30PM Saturday

What was ordered
Booze:
2 bottles of Clos Du Val Pinot Noir

Appetizers:
-Shrimp Cocktail (kind of wet, not very snappy but not crappy)
-Ceaser Salad (got sent back, it was nasty...how do you mess up such a signature dish!)
-lollipop lambchops with a cajun rub - these were excellent as this is the only meat i love well done. Except there was no cajun rub.
-Calamari this was not my choice and i have no clue WTF it was doing on the menu. I could eat this for break/lunch/dinner so i wasnt complaining but i did make a comment to my bro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dinner:

Bro: Filet - looked good but tasted no good
Wifey: Lobster Tail - yeah, it was a lobster from the only midget in the tank...the thing was like a mous bous. BAD
Mother: VealChop - WOW, this was amazing...I'm a huge VealChop guy but i got annoyed b/c this is a steak joint. Why is the best food on the menu veal? Veal is just a baby steak right?
Father and I: Steak for two (in light butter) It was served med/rare and it was good for like 2 pieces and then the butter got me all grossed out so i stole the veal chop from the mother who was into her 3rd apple martini

Sides:
-Mash Potatoes
-Cottage Fries (EXCELLENT)
-Creamed Spinach (Pretty good)

Desert:
NO GOOD

Waitstaff:
This is the only reason why i would go back here. Our guy was knowledgable and fun and although he didnt have that old-guard-steak-guy attitude i felt he was dedicated and enjoyed what he did. When the ceaser was returned, the "host" came by to talk and stuck around for a drink...on them.

Overall (out of 5):
I came into this place thinking the worst but leaving with a full stomach and an enjoyable experience. If i lived in a hole for 10 years and never experienced a true NY chopshop then i would say this was good, but i have so...
I rate this a 2 for food/quality and a 5 for service.
I kept thinking i was in the New Jersey of steak joints.

Luv2DriveTT 12-11-2005 10:43 AM

Re: Trip report: Ruth\'s Christ Steakhouse (meh!)

[ QUOTE ]
I kept thinking i was in the New Jersey of steak joints.

[/ QUOTE ]

excelent.

TT

Warik 12-11-2005 11:24 AM

Ruth's Chris is teh pwn. Can't wait to eat there again. I give it a 4/5 for food and service.... since I never give a 5/5 to anything.

IggyWH 12-11-2005 12:17 PM

I've never ate there and I have one just a couple miles away, but I really don't think it's for me. I love steak, but I love well done steak.

I've come to the conclusion to get a good well done steak, it can't be a thick steak. You're just going to burn the outside trying to cook the whole thing. When I make myself steaks, I just buy thin steaks. I'm sure RCS doesn't sell thin steaks. If I want seafood, I can find somewhere better than RCS.

swede123 12-11-2005 12:18 PM

Heathen.

Swede

samjjones 12-11-2005 12:23 PM

Which location was this?

12-11-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heathen.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done RCS 7-8 times. I'd gve the steak a good 3.5-4, but its the service that makes it great. Gotta give the servers a 5

bugstud 12-11-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Heathen.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done RCS 7-8 times. I'd gve the steak a good 3.5-4, but its the service that makes it great. Gotta give the servers a 5

[/ QUOTE ]

so go to a place that'll give you both? I mean, seriously people.

swede123 12-11-2005 01:30 PM

My heathen comment was in response to Iggy who likes his well done. You might as well have a hamburger if you're going to over cook it like that.

As far as Ruth's Chris, I've been there a handful times and I've always been quite satisfied. My average score would be 4.5/5 for the food and service. Then again, my steakhouse experience has mostly been limited to chain-type places.

Swede

Luv2DriveTT 12-11-2005 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ruth's Chris is teh pwn. Can't wait to eat there again. I give it a 4/5 for food and service.... since I never give a 5/5 to anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 2 words for you. New York City.

ok, make it three.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]