Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   "I get wet at the tought of donk betting" ---Villian (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392759)

Alobar 12-06-2005 05:55 PM

Re: \"I get wet at the tought of donk betting\" ---Villian

I take it you are folding any turn that doesnt help your hand?

DeathDonkey 12-06-2005 05:58 PM

Yes unless you change the read to "donks all draws" then I'd call again with the gutterball + overs and decide what to do on the river.

-DeathDonkey

JohnnyHumongous 12-06-2005 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always just call on these flops now. But that's what I'd do with aces too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel this in a big way, and it's how I have thought for quite a while, but recently I've started to have a change of heart. Realistically I just don't know if the randos at 10/20 even notice that... I mean at 100/200 smooth-calling flop might be respected but here he's just gonna fire again at the turn whereas he's probably gonna slow down to a flop raise. I'm starting to think that unless you have a history, or the player seems to be adapting to you and is looking to bet-3bet flop, it's probably just best to manipulate him with your flop raise and buy free cards.

Catt 12-06-2005 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always just call on these flops now. But that's what I'd do with aces too.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I call these a lot, too. But the read "He seems pretty passive other than that, and havent seen him 3 bet a raise, or redonk the turn" makes me like a raise here.

Guy McSucker 12-06-2005 06:45 PM

His inability to redonk the turn is the key here.

If he's the kind to donk with a made hand of some kind, read your raise as being a freecard play, and bet the turn, then the flop raise is no good. But that's not the case here, so the flop raise and turn check are beauties.

I would check any turn that doesn't give me a hand. What about everyone else?

Guy.

12-06-2005 06:55 PM

humm, if hes betting good draws, middle pair, or top pair, hes way ahead of you here until the river, maybe your the one donking, anyways, i think your play is -ev, your getting over involved to draw to 9 possible tainted outs...your titles awsome though
also, this guys a fish, why not just wait until u have better bait to catch him instead of making iffy moves?

mmcd 12-07-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes unless you change the read to "donks all draws" then I'd raise the turn and take a free showdown with my K-high unimproved. .

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

DeathDonkey 12-07-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes unless you change the read to "donks all draws" then I'd raise the turn and take a free showdown with my K-high unimproved. .

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot. I like it.

-DeathDonkey

Drontier 12-07-2005 02:52 AM

even a turn Ace?

12-07-2005 03:04 AM

ace on turn means less likely they have ace high to beat your king high