Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Whether to keep your enitre roll on a poker site?? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406116)

12-27-2005 07:31 PM

Whether to keep your enitre roll on a poker site??

What do you guys think about the security of poker sites, in terms of keeping large amounts of money on them.

My bankroll has recently hit 10K on Prima Poker, and I for some reason just dont feel safe, even though I have never had any problems. I think I am gonna start keeping half on neteller, though?

What do you guys think?

12-27-2005 07:33 PM

Re: Whether to keep your enitre roll on a poker site??

I don't think I would trust any ONE place in the world with my whole nut. I keep enough in various sites for a few buy ins for the limits I play.

HRFats 12-27-2005 07:38 PM

It's so easy to move money to and from neteller that it's crazy to keep all your money on one site.

Cubswin 12-27-2005 07:43 PM

What is the APY of balances left at Prima or Neteller? Why not move some of that over to a online bank account earning 4%+ interest.

cubs

mdeck 12-27-2005 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's so easy to move money to and from neteller that it's crazy to keep all your money on one site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep about 3/4 of my roll in an Emigrant Direct account so I can have at least some returns for my cash, then the other 1/4 in neteller/whatever sites I'm currently playing at the time for ease of transfer. I don't often dip into the Emigrant Direct account (crosses fingers) so it's worked well for me so far.

12-27-2005 07:54 PM

An online Bank Account is a good idea^^. I doubt I will be earning in neteller, and def not at prima.

12-27-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play one site.

12-27-2005 08:06 PM

Well, I have decided that I am going to keep 3/4 of my roll on neteller and the rest on prima(the only site I play).

I have basically heard too many horror stories about poker sites freezing account etc, and for some reason place more trust in neteller.

12-27-2005 08:47 PM

alot of people have had their neteller accounts hacked. I'd wouldn't put all my money in neteller. Luckily i don't have any so that's not a problem

12-27-2005 09:00 PM

I thought neteller was meant to be top security??