Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Interesting hand I think... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405082)

kurosh 12-25-2005 06:59 PM

Interesting hand I think...

4-handed 10/20. My image is probably a LAGgy fish. UTG is a 2p2er, Dean, I think, and he knows who I am. I haven't noticed anything about the button.

UTG raises, button 3-bets, sb folds, I call with KQdd in the BB.

Flop: 2d 7s 5c
check check, button bets, call call

Turn: Jd
I bet and plan to follow through on any river, unless raised, then c/f UI, CR flush and I'm not sure what to do about a K or Q. probably cc?

smacksoup 12-25-2005 07:02 PM

Re: Interesting hand I think...

i dont think you are folding out a better hand almost ever, and you are having to pay two for your flush draw. i check/call here, then you can usually get a c/r on the flush if you hit.

geormiet 12-25-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4-handed 10/20. My image is probably a LAGgy fish. UTG is a 2p2er, Dean, I think, and he knows who I am. I haven't noticed anything about the button.

UTG raises, button 3-bets, sb folds, I call with KQdd in the BB.

Flop: 2d 7s 5c
check check, button bets, call call

Turn: Jd
I bet and plan to follow through on any river, unless raised, then c/f UI, CR flush and I'm not sure what to do about a K or Q. probably cc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't this lower the chances of succesfully semibluffing?

Lmn55d 12-25-2005 07:28 PM

I don't think button folds a big ace on the river to your bet. He's a laggy fish so he's gonna put you on the flush draw, air, or a weaker ace and call your ass down. THere's also a decent chance utg or button has a jack or that button has an overpair. So you'll be putting in two bets on the turn a lot. I don't like it.

Schneids 12-25-2005 07:44 PM

You need to consider your image and then wonder why he is ever going to fold ace high to your donks. If he folds it's cuz you had the best hand.

7ontheline 12-25-2005 08:37 PM

Plus you definitely get value on the river if you hit your flush anyway because who's going to put you on runner-runner?

imported_leader 12-25-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus you definitely get value on the river if you hit your flush anyway because who's going to put you on runner-runner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say you c/c the turn, are you c/r the river when you hit?

7ontheline 12-25-2005 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Say you c/c the turn, are you c/r the river when you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, unless I somehow think I can bet-3bet.

partygirluk 12-25-2005 10:21 PM

Ye that was me. Do you guys think I should be peeling this flop with any 2 here?

partygirluk 12-25-2005 10:24 PM

Btw if it makes any difference Kurosh had won the last 4 hands. In chronoligical order they were 85, 79, 210, 210 $ pots.