Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rose Bowl = Laugher (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398527)

hogua 12-14-2005 07:25 PM

Rose Bowl = Laugher

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think that this game isn't going to be close at all. SC wins this by at least 20 points!

SC has the best offense... ever.

SC will out scheme Texas on both sides of the ball. Texas hasn't seen an offense or defense anywhere near as complex as (or fast) as SC's.

Carroll will have one linebacker spy on Young in order to contain him. Plus, with 4 weeks to plan, Carroll will find ways to get favorable matchups on both sides ofthe ball (especially between SC D and Texas O).

Plus, Texas already has been talking way too much smack. Sc's only knock over the last 2 years is that they sometimes wait too long to shift into second gear. Vince Young promising a Texas win (and insulting Bush publicly) should take care of that.

Plus, SC has home field with the game being in LA. SC alumni are the ones jacking ticket prices up to $1000+ each for the worst seats (and the worst seats in the Rose Bowl are painfully bad).

Again, I say SC wins this by 20.

wonderwes 12-14-2005 07:29 PM

Re: Rose Bowl = Laugher

As a person that believes Texas has a great chance of winning, I will respond with this.

Fresno St game.

Vince Young 12-14-2005 07:29 PM

It's just you.

BTW, which one of USC's linebackers do you think can contain Young?

YoureToast 12-14-2005 08:46 PM

I too believe that USC will clobber Texas. I will place a large wager on USC at any price -7 or better.

Page Jacobson 12-14-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Texas hasn't seen an offense or defense anywhere near as complex as (or fast) as SC's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Offense I agree, but defense? Come on, Fresno ST went up and down the field on them.

hogua 12-15-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, which one of USC's linebackers do you think can contain Young?

[/ QUOTE ]

The LB won't contain him alone. One LB will be set as a spy on Young. The spy, plus SC's Team speed on D, plus some well desguised CB/safety blitzes will contain Young.

The complexity of the offenses and denfenses run in the Pac 10 are always underrated by everyone that doesn't live on the west coast. (Oh, and SC is the best of the Pac 10) Texas will see things on both sides of the ball against SC that they only have seen a video game. Don't think so? Ask Jason White and Bob Stoops what happened last Jan?

So, Texas fans, who will stop Bush?

If that works, who will stop White, or Leinart, or Jarrett, or Byrd?

What happens when all 5 are in the game at the same time? Hell, there's even talk that Bing will move to offense for a few plays and get in a few carries. What then?

Barring turnovers, Texas will have horrible field position every time it starts a drive. Speaking of turnovers, anyone familiar with 'SC turnover ratio this year?

Jedi Flopper 12-15-2005 02:00 AM

20 points? How much is the bet. I will cover you with poker stars money. Name an amount and if it is not a bankroll buster, you got a bet. I get UT +20

kyro 12-15-2005 02:59 AM

I for one am glad you started another thread instead of putting it in one of the other 20 threads on this subject.

Is astro a sports fan?

tech 12-15-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a person that believes Texas has a great chance of winning, I will respond with this.

Fresno St game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas A&M game.

12-15-2005 01:35 PM

Fresno state runs a train on USC's defense and you think they will still contain Vince Young?

are u kidding me