Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New TT line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400366)

FoxwoodsFiend 12-17-2005 04:38 PM

New TT line

4-handed 10/20 NL on stars. Villain on BB has $1700, I cover. Hero has TT and raises to 80, button calls, villain raises to 400. Hero reraises to 720. Villain calls.
Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, hero puts villain all in for 980

Klepton 12-17-2005 04:40 PM

Re: New TT line

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AZK 12-17-2005 04:41 PM

wtf

FoxwoodsFiend 12-17-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this play make more sense if I told you that I had no read on villain? How do you play this?

chuddo 12-17-2005 04:47 PM

well, that is a mighty big preflop re-raise by him. and by min-reraising preflop you are obviously signalling an F-ton of strength.

but there is already 1500 in the pot now. villain could have AA/KK/AK here and you are dunleavy. or do you really think you are moving him off JJ/QQ here often enough?

i don't really know what you were trying to accomplish preflop?

without thinking about it too much i will just say i do not like it.

durrrr 12-17-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this play make ZERO sense AT ALL if I told you that I had no read on villain? How much better do u play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to know villain... cmon...

FoxwoodsFiend 12-17-2005 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this play make ZERO sense AT ALL if I told you that I had no read on villain? How much better do u play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to know villain... cmon...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please make future FYPs apparent through use of bold. I barely noticed your subtle witticisms which you hid into my post.

AZK 12-17-2005 07:09 PM

minreraise is to make it look like AA I assume? Ok, but his raise is HUGE meaning he will probably push/call with AA/KK. You are lucky he didnt just push preflop. K hits flop, you really think he will lay down AA? which he doesn't have since after your minreraise preflop it would make sense to just push. QQ/JJ probably fold, but why would you play AK/KK/AA this fast. I don't know. Just seems like an exercise in getting a lot of money in with a hand that doesn't warrant it. I think you flopped lucky to get QQ/JJ fold, How would you have played a flop that wasn't an A, K or T. And what would you do if a Q or J hit?

In short, I basically don't see the point, but enlighten me.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-17-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
minreraise is to make it look like AA I assume? Ok, but his raise is HUGE meaning he will probably push/call with AA/KK. You are lucky he didnt just push preflop. K hits flop, you really think he will lay down AA? which he doesn't have since after your minreraise preflop it would make sense to just push. QQ/JJ probably fold, but why would you play AK/KK/AA this fast. I don't know. Just seems like an exercise in getting a lot of money in with a hand that doesn't warrant it. I think you flopped lucky to get QQ/JJ fold, How would you have played a flop that wasn't an A, K or T. And what would you do if a Q or J hit?

In short, I basically don't see the point, but enlighten me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So here's my thinking...

Pre-flop: Mis-click
Flop: Push and pray.

Villain counted down to last second of time then folded

JaBlue 12-17-2005 09:07 PM

Damn I was gonna guess you misclicked