Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Calling with a 3-high flush... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398994)

TheHip41 12-15-2005 02:21 PM

Re: Calling with a 3-high flush...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you raise pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

33 is not a very good hand to stealing with if you are gonig to get called.

flop, just fold, if he has a flush draw, you are actually an underdog, if he has a pair, you are drawing to 2-4 outs.

river, i guess since you made it this far, i'd call, but i wouldn't like it.

stillbr 12-15-2005 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if he checkraises 2-pair or something your draw might still be good. I like the turn/river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the exact reason I checked. I dont know which one I like better.

gopnik 12-15-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not bet the turn and take a free showdown? if Button reraises you than it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking about. The bb is NEVER check-raising the turn on a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if he checkraises 2-pair or something your draw might still be good. I like the turn/river play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very unlikely that 2-pair would risk checking this through without a club, but who knows. I would not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SuitedDucks 12-15-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you may got donked on the river(bluff or legit) so you cant always assume you'll get the free showdown

stillbr 12-15-2005 06:01 PM

I still dont know what I like best. Anyways....

BB had QJ no club and MHIG.

shant 12-15-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very unlikely that 2-pair would risk checking this through without a club, but who knows. I would not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
This assumes that your opponent plays good and thinks about these possibilities. Most of the time they don't.

pokerjunky 12-15-2005 08:43 PM

Even if he's betting a flush draw on the flop he still probably has around 15 outs against you. Just fold.