Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ATs on the button: postflop play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390649)

bluefeet 12-03-2005 06:52 PM

Re: ATs on the button: postflop play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the turn bet should have been bigger to charge the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't disagree in principal. however, we can't disregard the check-raise scenario entirely. on the flip side, we do increase the number of times we take it down here. i'm not sure how much more...1/2 pot i guess might fill both requirements. you aren't too far off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. We can fold comfortably to a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hearya - i just wanted to ensure we were on the same page regarding "more". certainly not required to approach anything near 3/4ths to pot.

bigt439 12-03-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that the turn bet should have been bigger to charge the draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't disagree in principal. however, we can't disregard the check-raise scenario entirely. on the flip side, we do increase the number of times we take it down here. i'm not sure how much more...1/2 pot i guess might fill both requirements. you aren't too far off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. We can fold comfortably to a c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hearya - i just wanted to ensure we were on the same page regarding "more". certainly not required to approach anything near 3/4ths to pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yes, glad you clarified. No I'm saying like 1/2 pot.

12-03-2005 08:46 PM

Anybody with raising the flop to 445 instead of calling?

bawcerelli 12-03-2005 08:58 PM

i raise the flop to 400. since u didn't, turn i bet about 340 into the 510 pot. river check behind is fine. what did he have KT?

Elektrik 12-03-2005 09:25 PM

Raise preflop.

TheNoodleMan 12-04-2005 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in (but skeptical of) the reasoning of those of you who would raise preflop.

rbear 12-04-2005 04:15 AM

meh, no way, imo.

bawcerelli 12-04-2005 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

no deal

bigt439 12-04-2005 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a dangerous idea. Not necessarily unprofitable for everyone, but it is for many. You have to play pretty damn well for this to even approach +EV; I don't know if it ever gets there.

tewall 12-04-2005 05:04 AM

Is the purpose to charge draws, or to get as cheap a show-down as possible? These seem like conflicting requirements. If the goal is the former, it seems hero played about perfectly, at least in this particular case. If the purpose is to charge draws, then the difference between what he actually bet and half the pot is minimal.

To me the most important consideration is how much to bet to make the block on the turn work and get the free showdown. What hero did worked perfectly here, but on the average, is it a large enough bet, or would a half-pot bet accomplish the purpose enough better to be worth the extra investment?