Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Grapher for postgreSQL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292388)

shadow29 07-13-2005 10:09 PM

Grapher for postgreSQL

My PokerGrapher does not like postgreSQL. I don't have excel, but rather OpenOffice (never used their spreadsheet program before, however). I'd like to graph. Help?

mmbt0ne 07-13-2005 10:16 PM

Re: Grapher for postgreSQL

The best you can do is graph the points after each session AFAIK. If that's what you want to do, just export hands played and won/loss for the session to an excel file.

In a new column make it something like:

Column A - hand session
Column B - winnings session

Column C - make C1 "=A1"
make C2 "=C1+A2"
copy C2 into all the rest of column C that you need to

Do the same thing for D

Now you have a running total of hands, and a running total of winnings. Graph with the hands on the X-axis, and the winnings on the Y-axis.

If you want to do BB, make sure you also export the game level, and you can set up an IF statement to change the monetary winnings into BB winnings.

shadow29 07-13-2005 11:02 PM

you fucking georgia tech students...

thanks bro [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

SamIAm 07-13-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you fucking georgia tech students...

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm. I'm a GATech grad student, and I'm unhappy with this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't want 8 steps to get a graph. Heck, one of the steps was "paste this as many times as needed". Ick.

I want a SQL report. It's a database, dammit. I shouldn't have to export to a spreadsheet.

I was going to write something in Crystal, but I'd be happier if somebody else did it for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

APerfect10 07-14-2005 12:34 AM

Make a backup copy of your access db. Delete the existing tables and then link your Postgres tables into Access. Make sure you rename the link from public_* to *. Pokergrapher should work perfectly then. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

mmbt0ne 07-14-2005 01:13 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Hmm. I'm a GATech grad student, and I'm unhappy with this. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I don't want 8 steps to get a graph. Heck, one of the steps was "paste this as many times as needed". Ick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put it in the top cell. Put the mouse over the bottom right corner of the cell so it turns into a bold cross. Double-click and it'll post it all the way down until there is no more data.

You're obviously NOT an IE grad student [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

SamIAm 07-14-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously NOT an IE grad student [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]You're right. In grad school, we call it IsYE. I'm in the ACO program; that's like IsYE. Oh, except we do Math and ComputerScience, too. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I agree that it's only a few steps every time you want to export, convert, and graph. But it's still a kludgy use of a database. SQL cries every time you export into a spreadsheet.

A friend, who's much better at this stuff than I am, has offered to write a Crystal back-end for Pokertracker with me, mostly for graphing. We'll see how it goes.
-Sam

shadow29 07-14-2005 04:30 PM

Anyone know how to invert a column in Excel? PT exports as the last session first and I want the first session first.

nef 07-14-2005 11:30 PM

Toolbar/Data/Sort...

mmbt0ne 07-15-2005 03:21 AM

Or, you could invert the data in PT, and then have it export that way.