Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Another Xbox 360 thread: It's nearly that time! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381904)

runner4life7 11-20-2005 04:30 AM

Re: Another Xbox 360 thread: It\'s nearly that time!

if i wasnt a moran, yes i would have baught it from a real store.

kenberman 11-20-2005 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you love the launch titles, you buy it

if you don't, you wait until some compelling games come out

[/ QUOTE ]

most reviews say this.

it takes a while for game makers to figure out how to get the most of any console - just look at how long it took for Halo 2 to be created.

you'll prolly be dissapointed if you buy now. wait a year, or until a kick ass game comes out.

wonderwes 11-21-2005 08:46 PM

A girl I know works at the Best Buy here in Austin. The population of Austin is around 800,000 people, with 3 Best Buy stores spread around. When she met up with me at class, she drove by her store, said at 4pm there were 30 people waiting outside (Best Buy doesnt do pre-orders). She said there are 60 units in the back. So it looks like a lot of people waiting overnight are probably going to find out the hard way there is a small supply of consoles.

Emmitt2222 11-21-2005 09:01 PM

Just checked ebay. There are already a few going for $900. I think it is safe to assume that these things will reach 4 digits around Christmas.

To the OP, just be aware that buying the good bundle, with a few controllers and a few games will run you up over $600, which is alot.

Freakin 11-21-2005 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A girl I know works at the Best Buy here in Austin. The population of Austin is around 800,000 people, with 3 Best Buy stores spread around. When she met up with me at class, she drove by her store, said at 4pm there were 30 people waiting outside (Best Buy doesnt do pre-orders). She said there are 60 units in the back. So it looks like a lot of people waiting overnight are probably going to find out the hard way there is a small supply of consoles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, Best Buy is the wrong kind of store to wait at... there have been people waiting outside the one in Bellevue since Friday.

11-21-2005 10:35 PM

They are hitting $1100 now.

EBAY

11-21-2005 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are hitting $1100 now.

EBAY

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.I would never pay that much over the retail price just to have it first.

GuyOnTilt 11-21-2005 11:42 PM

I already grabbed two systems off of eBay, but I'm thinking about going to a Circuit City tonight and seeing if I can buy off the guy first in line for his spot. Not positive yet, but thinking about it.

GoT

TomHimself 11-22-2005 01:41 AM

i read that a guy preordered 32 360's and is now gonna resell them all and make a hell of a profit lol

Jorge10 11-22-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you love the launch titles, you buy it

if you don't, you wait until some compelling games come out

[/ QUOTE ]

most reviews say this.

it takes a while for game makers to figure out how to get the most of any console - just look at how long it took for Halo 2 to be created.

you'll prolly be dissapointed if you buy now. wait a year, or until a kick ass game comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big game is Perfect Dark. If that game isnt as good as Halo was when the first xbox came out then the xbox 360 is going to suck for a few months. If it is as good as Halo was for the first xbox though, I might buy an xbox 360. Its all riding on that game.