Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Its Good to be the Blind (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=323717)

JoeU 08-26-2005 11:22 PM

Its Good to be the Blind

This is a hand from my session tonight. Is it too aggressive?, not aggressive enough? I'm not entirely convinced I like my river play yet, so I'll leave the options out there as to what to do and what I did. I have no reads on any of the opponents and the table has been pretty typical.
Party Poker .50/1 (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ........

Joe

thesharpie 08-26-2005 11:34 PM

Re: Its Good to be the Blind

Flop bet is OK 3 way IMO, I probably check fold the turn readless. I check the river.

JoeU 08-26-2005 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably check fold the turn readless. I check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, but what do you put UTG on? SB can have absolutely anything, but UTG is interesting here. I think puting him on a hand here helps you play out the rest of the hand.

Joe

Redd 08-26-2005 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop bet is OK 3 way IMO, I probably check fold the turn readless. I check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've got a good chance of being best here; I wouldn't be surprised at all if they flipped an ace apiece. I don't want to give a free card with such a vulnerable hand; I'd bet the turn and try to check behind on the river.

08-26-2005 11:48 PM

I would check the river. You will not make a better hand fold, you have the opportunity to get to the river cheaply, and you may induce a bluff. If I check, the UTG bets, and the SB calls, I fold, as one of them has you beat. If the UTG bets, the SB folds, I call, as he may have something like AK. I'd put the SB on a club draw, or maybe some sort of straight draw, and the UTG on overcards.

JoeU 08-27-2005 12:00 AM

Ok, I'm gonna add a little more about my line of thinking here.

In these loose/passive games, most players will play any Ax, and will call any gutshot; for the most part.

Since I don't have any reads on these players, I assume 2 things after this flop.
1. They like their rag A, but they REALLY don't like it that much.
2. They have at least some type of flush/straight draw.

The 8 on the turn is truly a brick. The 8 only helps if they had 76 or A8, and the 76 is very unlikely, because I would have heard by now.

In the river, since it is a non-club Q, this looked like a semi-brick to me. One of them could easily have Qx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but since the only player who voluntarily put money into the pot is UTG, I put him on a rag A.

Now what do we do in the river with this type of thinking?

Joe

@bsolute_luck 08-27-2005 06:19 AM

how aggressive are SB/UTG? the reason i ask is if you check, yes you're inciting bluffs, but if it is 2 back to you, you could very well be folding the best hand (if you decide to fold).

so based on that is how i'd make my decision, and w/o that, i don't know if i could make the best decision here. but i like check/calling to be honest.

aK13 08-27-2005 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how aggressive are SB/UTG? the reason i ask is if you check, yes you're inciting bluffs, but if it is 2 back to you, you could very well be folding the best hand (if you decide to fold).

[/ QUOTE ]

These players haven't read my thread about not wanting overcalls. I doubt hero is folding the best hand if it's 2bets back on the river.

@bsolute_luck 08-27-2005 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These players haven't read my thread about not wanting overcalls. I doubt hero is folding the best hand if it's 2bets back on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah! that's true. since i have, i have been tainted in my advice [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

08-27-2005 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'm gonna add a little more about my line of thinking here.

In these loose/passive games, most players will play any Ax, and will call any gutshot; for the most part.

Since I don't have any reads on these players, I assume 2 things after this flop.
1. They like their rag A, but they REALLY don't like it that much.
2. They have at least some type of flush/straight draw.

The 8 on the turn is truly a brick. The 8 only helps if they had 76 or A8, and the 76 is very unlikely, because I would have heard by now.

In the river, since it is a non-club Q, this looked like a semi-brick to me. One of them could easily have Qx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but since the only player who voluntarily put money into the pot is UTG, I put him on a rag A.

Now what do we do in the river with this type of thinking?

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they will call with their UI Ace high? If so, bet and take their free money, since they don't seem to like it. But, against any reasonable player, I check and call, but not overcall.