Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   KJo 300/600 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354903)

bicyclekick 10-10-2005 10:35 PM

KJo 300/600

I've been destroying the game so far. Up maybe 20k in 45 minutes or something. 6 handed. Marrakes opens in the hi-jack. This doesn't mean much other than he's got 2 ok cards. He's like a 55/35/1.1 6 handed player. Post-flop he's mediocre. Just kinda weird. Definately capable of some funky stuff and good plays too, even though he doesn't probably quite realize what's going on. The button is LoisLane, a super agro donk who's down like 40k at this point and is playing absolutely horribly. I 4 bet her on a T76 flop with KT after she 3 bet me pre-flop and she called down and lost. She's playing scared of me now kinda. She commented in the chat how she's tilting and it's evident. Can't remember who the sb was, but the bb was steve95. He's kind of an IMO. Always overplaying his hands and is generally a monkey. Of course if you're missing a lot of flops he's a tough player cause he's ALWAYS putting preasure on you, but the flipside is you can get TONS of value out of him especially if you understand how he thinks. He would definately own quite a few mid-stakes winning players though as he's so relentless. I struggled for a long time but now feel pretty comfortable. Plays similar to DERB I guess.

Anyhow, back to the hand. Marrakes raises, I cold call red KJo. Usually I'd 3 bet here and I'd been 3 betting a lot so I decided I'd change it up with a cold-call. Button folds, sb folds, steve95 calls. 3 ways, 2 bets.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Steve checks, marrakes checks (wtf?), I bet, steve calls (likely doesn't have much of a hand as he would almost surely protect it) marrakes calls.

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Steve wakes up and bets, marrakes now raises.

I'm not worried about steve. I'm almost positive I can beat his hand. Unless he didn't want to check/raise marrakes out of the pot with a hand like 66 or 44. Not very likely though. He tends to start putting bets in early. But this marrakes guy has played this hand very oddly.

Now what?

Paluka 10-10-2005 10:38 PM

Re: KJo 300/600

No way do I fold here. Marrakes just thinks that steve is full of crap, and they aren't even worried about you because you didn't 3 bet preflop and your flop bet was mandatory after they both checked. I think 3 betting this turn is probably the best play.

mantasm 10-10-2005 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No way do I fold here. Marrakes just thinks that steve is full of crap, and they aren't even worried about you because you didn't 3 bet preflop and your flop bet was mandatory after they both checked. I think 3 betting this turn is probably the best play.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the river blanks under what circumstances are you betting?

Paluka 10-10-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would bet any river if it was checked to me. I would just call if someone bets into me. Edited to say I would not bet the river if an ace comes.

esspo 10-10-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka can speak for himself, but if I have his read in that spot, I am value betting most river cards.

joes28 10-10-2005 11:20 PM

Ive been playing in this game for a couple of weeks now and have been doing pretty good. Im not sure if I would say LoisLane is a complete donk, just because he/she has so much money in her account (it had to have gotten there somehow), but he/she is definetly over aggro (as are most of the players in the game) and occasionaly makes donkish plays.

My guess is that Steve has a mid pair, maybe the 6, or has picked up a straight/flush draw. I think marrakes has a pocket pair below the K's, or maybe he picked up a flush draw. There is a chance he has a monster, but I still think the best play is to 3 bet, if it gets capped you are screwed.

ALL1N 10-10-2005 11:22 PM

3-bet and value bet the river, folding to a cap is what I think I'd do.

edit - btw when you say 3/6 is that referring to the 150 pound game on inter or something else??

joes28 10-10-2005 11:24 PM

yea its the 150/300 pound game

bicyclekick 10-10-2005 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet and value bet the river, folding to a cap is what I think I'd do.

edit - btw when you say 3/6 is that referring to the 150 pound game on inter or something else??

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it's not quite 3/6 but that's what it's often referred to as.

glen 10-10-2005 11:32 PM

i like hiatus' term "300-600ish"