Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Playing two pair on the flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401468)

talcum 12-19-2005 04:46 PM

Playing two pair on the flop

This hand is from Doyle's Room so can't use the converter.

8 handed table, blinds $.25/.50

I have about $24

I'm in small blind and complete with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Five players to the flop:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check the flop planning to check raise, two checks, MP bets $4 into the $2.50 pot. He has about $110. late position calls the $4 he has about $70.

I raise all-in. The original flop bettor had been betting a lot of flops, I had no reads on the guy that called behind.

My take was that original bettor was not betting this strong with a big hand and caller behind was probably on a draw or had an ace and I would be happy to take it down there.

Any thoughts? All-in for $24 to big a bet to be called by hands other than ones I'm way behind?

(Both players called the all-in)

Thanks

Isura 12-19-2005 08:06 PM

Re: Playing two pair on the flop

With your stack, I think this play is fine. I would typically lead the flop, but it's not terrible getting people to put in some dead money on such a drawless flop. Nice hand.

talcum 12-19-2005 09:01 PM

Thanks. FYI the low lomit NL players at Doyle's Room are worse than Party, Bodog, or Absolute in my experience.

Maulik 12-19-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand is from Doyle's Room so can't use the converter.

8 handed table, blinds $.25/.50

I have about $24

I'm in small blind and complete with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Five players to the flop:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check the flop planning to check raise, two checks, MP bets $4 into the $2.50 pot. He has about $110. late position calls the $4 he has about $70.

I raise all-in. The original flop bettor had been betting a lot of flops, I had no reads on the guy that called behind.

My take was that original bettor was not betting this strong with a big hand and caller behind was probably on a draw or had an ace and I would be happy to take it down there.

Any thoughts? All-in for $24 to big a bet to be called by hands other than ones I'm way behind?

(Both players called the all-in)

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy-in for full. Given you're short I guess I'd wait until the turn to get it all-in. This way it will seem like an Ace or air.

Why not lead the flop? Ace better kicker will call, Ace worse kicker will call. Check/raising lets of junk too easy. If you want to let the villain bet the flop for you, bet/call. Looks like another villain wants to see another card, let them and lead. You'll build far more value with these 2-pair hands.