Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   $40-$80 Borgata Hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266894)

UMTerp 06-06-2005 10:44 AM

$40-$80 Borgata Hand

Full table, most players seem to be regulars in the game. I’m an unknown to them and vice versa. The game overall is pretty laggy, but this particular hand is folded to me on the button, and I raise K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. One of the better players at the table calls from the SB, and the BB folds. He knows I’m capable of holding a pretty big range of hands here.

Flop comes 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he check-raises, I call.

Turn T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets, I call.

River 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets, I raise.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

IndieMatty 06-06-2005 10:49 AM

Re: $40-$80 Borgata Hand

I usually give them credit for Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like that and just call the river.

Paluka 06-06-2005 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually give them credit for Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or something like that and just call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is throwing money away. If you plan on just calling the river when a heart comes, you better be putting in a lot more bets on the earlier streets.

Paluka 06-06-2005 10:52 AM

I think you have to raise the turn here.

highlife 06-06-2005 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, waiting till the river to raise looks alot like online autopilot play. By raising on the turn I believe you will get more bets in by the river on this hand.

UMTerp 06-06-2005 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paluka, two questions:

Does the typical player still call down all the way with a hand like 44 - 99 if the river comes higher than a ten?

Do you still value bet your trips if he calls your turn bet and the baby heart falls on the river? I'd assume if you do, the pot's big enough to pay off a checkraise?

mab_nyc69 06-06-2005 11:14 AM

i would have definitely raised the turn....looks like you have him beat at this point. Why then raise when the third heart hits if you werent capping or reraising earlier?

Paluka 06-06-2005 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Paluka, two questions:

Does the typical player still call down all the way with a hand like 44 - 99 if the river comes higher than a ten?

Do you still value bet your trips if he calls your turn bet and the baby heart falls on the river? I'd assume if you do, the pot's big enough to pay off a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

In my online 40-80 and higher experience, yes and yes.

sfer 06-06-2005 11:26 AM

His range is really wide and a lot of those hands will call a turn raise but not a river raise.

IndieMatty 06-06-2005 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is throwing money away. If you plan on just calling the river when a heart comes, you better be putting in a lot more bets on the earlier streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread and realized he didn't raise the turn. Hey dood. Why no raise on the turn?