Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Should I have raised at the turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=341577)

09-21-2005 06:01 PM

Should I have raised at the turn

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

CourtJester 09-21-2005 06:02 PM

Re: Should I have raised at the turn

No, you should have bet every street need reads aswell, im not sure what CO is raising with

ThaHero 09-21-2005 06:03 PM

Yes I like a c/r on the turn and then bet the river. if you are 3 bet on turn i think a cap is in order, and then lead the river, but call a raise.

09-21-2005 06:05 PM

The reason I ask is it seems like I run into trips when I have trips alot... I thought the guy might have had trip jacks... I guess I was just playing scurred..

09-21-2005 06:07 PM

Is this a joke? I can understand why you dont raise the turn to trap people. But why oh way arent you raising the river????

09-21-2005 06:08 PM

Guess I'm still a newbie.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

numeri 09-21-2005 06:20 PM

Ughh...

You played one street correctly - preflop.

Bet, raise, repeat. Profit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

On the flop why check/call? You either check with the intention of raising, or just bet hoping MP3 will raise. In this case, there's one player on each side of you between MP3, so I say go for the bet/3-bet line. (By that, I mean hopefully MP3 will raise your bet so you can 3-bet. If you check/raise, MP3 will probably just call.)

Once that's done, you just keep your mouse hovering over the bet/raise button.

Especially on a flop with 2 of a suit, you need to be betting. Any flush draw has the odds to continue, but you'll win unimproved much more often than their flush will come in.

MrWookie47 09-21-2005 08:04 PM

Postflop, you only need one button this entire hand, and it's not the check/call button, and it's not the fold button. Putting MP3 on JJ is far, far too tight a range. He could have AA, AK, 99, KQ, or a whole lotta other crap since you didn't provide a read. There's nothing wrong with finding out you played a hand poorly, but play better next time. Also, respond to more threads that others post to help you find more leaks.