Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Brilliance at Absolute (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392336)

MrWookie47 12-06-2005 01:08 AM

Brilliance at Absolute

In Absolute's latest software update, they apparently no longer allow you to have certain special characters in your password, including quesiton marks, ampersands, commas, apostraphes, and probably many others. Not only is this brilliant in that they're instigating a system with lower security, but they never bothered to warn people who have special characters in their password. That's right. The check for special characters won't accept them at the point where you log in, not just at password creation. I have one or more in mine, and I really would like to be able to log in. I guess I'll have to get it reset.

whodaman 12-06-2005 01:16 AM

Re: Brilliance at Absolute

that sucks

TheIrishThug 12-06-2005 01:16 AM

i've got a few characters that r on the top row, they worked. sorry to hear ur problem

12-06-2005 02:44 AM

Well, at least passwords will be easier to make and type! That's good, right?! Just that much faster to get to the action!

Uglyowl 12-06-2005 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, at least passwords will be easier to make and type! That's good, right?! Just that much faster to get to the action!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope you were just being an imbecile, since that is what that comment was. It is shocking that they no longer allow this level of security when money is involved for people who need it.

This is a step in the opposite direction that most companies are taking.

Mike Haven 12-06-2005 12:14 PM

Talking of lack of security, our friends at Pacific create your six letter/number password for you; e-mail it to you; and don't let you change it. If it wasn't Pacific, I would find this almost unbelievably lax in security terms.

TheHammer24 12-06-2005 12:23 PM

I think the problem is unique to you. I have to astrices in mine and I just logged in fine.

mackthefork 12-06-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the problem is unique to you. I have to astrices in mine and I just logged in fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he does have astrices I just logged into his too, and can also confirm it is fine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mack

CORed 12-06-2005 01:19 PM

Looks like Larry Moe and Curly, the Absolute software development team, will have to put in some overtime to fix this.

TobDog 12-06-2005 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it wasn't Pacific, I would find this almost unbelievably lax in security terms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you have to go to Party to find out you should not share your password with anyone, do these people think we are smart or what?