Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($22): Doing to job of the big stack, should I here? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405577)

xJMPx 12-26-2005 10:01 PM

($22): Doing to job of the big stack, should I here?

The big stack has been incredibly weak-tight, so I didn’t want to let the BB have a cheap shot at the blinds here. Also, I’m not concerned with the big stack in the SB coming over the top unless he has a hand. This ok?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 6 - 4 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 1315 Chips</font>
SB: 4003 Chips
BB: 580 Chips
UTG: 2102 Chips

Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 100/200

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($400)</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 900 Chips )
BB is All-In, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

sofere 12-26-2005 10:12 PM

Re: ($22): Doing to job of the big stack, should I here?

If you want to play this hand this way, call don't raise. Calling accomplishes the same thing as raising, but puts fewer chips at risk.

I only play the hand this way if BS was intentionally keeping the bubble alive by folding to the shorty. Otherwise (IOW every time at a $22), this is a fold PF.

xJMPx 12-26-2005 11:20 PM

I raised so that I would not be able to get away from the hand post flop if I missed the flop. I wanted to play it like an all-in vs the short stack, while minimizing how much I would lose if big stack raised.

yvesaint 12-26-2005 11:23 PM

whats up, fold pf

sofere 12-26-2005 11:37 PM

Even at the $22s, people realize that limping off 1/6 of your stack generally signifies that you like your hand and will call an additional 380 to win 880.

A raise is just bleeding chips. As it stands it is not worth it to even put a dime in this pot because the BS will likely take a shot at shorty

12-26-2005 11:41 PM

Fold preflop I think.

xJMPx 12-27-2005 12:16 AM

Against decent opponents I fold this 100% of the time.

Some one said to fold and the big stack will likely take a shot at the shorty. This is not true, the big stack is terrible and has not been playing the situation, just his cards. there is a good chance he'll fold, or limp-fold when the shorty pushes over top.

If I just limp, the shorty might push on the flop and I'll fold because my odds aren't good...I dunno, I just didn't like leaving it up the BS here because he was terrible.

jeffraider 12-27-2005 12:17 AM

hey wtf does this freaking title mean?!?!

xJMPx 12-27-2005 12:23 AM

typo...lol

Doing the job...