Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Theory Of Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305352)

-Skeme- 08-01-2005 04:09 PM

Theory Of Poker

Can you guys list your thoughts about this book and discuss how it's helped your poker game? Thanks.

kitaristi0 08-01-2005 04:20 PM

Re: Theory Of Poker

I'm sure you are capable of using the search function, so please do. However, if you, for some reason, are incapable of doing so, my deepest apologies, it wasn't my intention to insult you.

Rudbaeck 08-01-2005 04:31 PM

You're a carpal tunnel, why on earth are you asking this?

Johnny Richter 08-01-2005 06:55 PM

A lot of OTT... he just realized there's poker content on here too

Alex/Mugaaz 08-01-2005 07:07 PM

It's mostly concepts. It's really important, but it doesn't make you play better after reading it. It shows you how to look at a hand and see what you could of done differently and decide what parts you played correctly or incorrectly.

Hold'me 08-01-2005 10:14 PM

It teaches you the underlying concepts of poker. The book has taught me to evaluate situations based on whether a play is +EV or -EV.

08-01-2005 10:50 PM

What I've heard people say is that it's not so much a book that will teach you some fancy moves. Instead, it will tell you why you and your opponents act in certain ways. It helps you understand situations.

-Skeme- 08-02-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you are capable of using the search function, so please do. However, if you, for some reason, are incapable of doing so, my deepest apologies, it wasn't my intention to insult you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm writing a FAQ for the SSNL forum and have included a reccommendation for ToP in it. Mat Sklansky told me I need to provide links to discussions about the book, as well as Poker Tracker. As there aren't any good discussion on the book, I had to create one.

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of OTT... he just realized there's poker content on here too

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of my posts are in strategy forums. I've read ToP twice and own over 20 poker books.

AngryCola 08-02-2005 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As there aren't any good discussion on the book

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect there are more than a few, but they were probably moved to the archive some time ago.

dirty moose 08-02-2005 04:04 PM

ok, im re reading it for the 2nd ish time, as i read over every chapter, i see how important this book really was. As i read thru it i keep saying to my self, [censored] i always do this or that. this book will tell you pretty much everything you should know, the rest is expeirence