Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Certainly there's a better line (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397367)

shadow29 12-13-2005 02:47 AM

Certainly there\'s a better line

Villain here is nutso. Something like 65/30, but also hyper aggresssive post-flop.

But he tends to back down to aggression with hands like middle pair. Flop is J34 (two spades, I think), I raised his flop bet with AK, then he checks all the way down with 88.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

thesharpie 12-13-2005 02:53 AM

Re: Certainly there\'s a better line

Either 3 bet the flop, or if you think he'll fire again calldown. From the read it looks like he only gets passive if he has a marginal made hand, he gets aggro with nothing right?

adsman 12-13-2005 03:31 AM

How does he play when he actually has a hand? Does he play them fast or is he opposite guy? Opposite guy caps the flop with air and check calls his set. I think that's a pretty good flop for your fours. If he slowplays his good hands then I would call him down.

12-13-2005 03:35 AM

you say he backs down to aggression. you haven't exposed him to that yet. So the "super-aggressiv-postflop"-read remains. therefore I'd 3bet the flop and look what happens. if he calls, I donk the turn, fold to a raise.

gehrig 12-13-2005 04:31 AM

man thats a bad fold

i probably call the flop raise, c/c the turn and bet/call the river as long as no ace comes

LoaferGee12 12-13-2005 04:33 AM

You've got this read on this guy for being way out of line postflop and you're folding a pair on a pretty ragged board against him. I think you gotta see a showdown here.

Jake (The Snake) 12-13-2005 04:35 AM

The king isn't a very good card for Hero at this point. I think I would've played it the same way, fwiw. Not sure if that's correct or not.

What was your plan on a brick turn?

Edit: I'm a little confused by your read

istewart 12-13-2005 05:09 AM

I very much dislike the postflop play given your preflop 3-bet, which, IMO, is very thin at best. (Especially if you're giving up here!) He always has overcards and position and since he's very aggressive you're going to be forced into making really marginal calldowns or else you're going to be folding the winner often. It's just a really tough spot.

Now that being said there's no effing way I would fold this here. If he'll bet-bet I can't see a reason not to call-call.

Jake (The Snake) 12-13-2005 05:35 AM

Actually I thought about it and I think folding is pretty bad as long as the guy is aggressive.

The king might not be a good card, but the board itself is TERRIFIC right now. Unless he has a PP &gt; 4 there are only 5 cards he can hold that have us beat.

Peter Harris 12-13-2005 07:18 AM

i think 3bet flop, if capped, c/f the turn. if i don't 3bet the flop i will call down and see what donkeyboy is playing with.

i don't like the turn fold.